pixel slate vs lenovo duet

... (RIP Pixel Slate… en. The Lenovo IdeaPad Duet is also surprisingly sturdy and well built for its price point. Versus almost 10 hours for the Pixel Slate. The Duet very much feels like a small Slate - the build quality is great but you can actually use it effectively as a tablet, whereas the Slate … Just bear in mind that the Duet only supports 1080p at 24fps on a monitor. If it's a toy, the duet. Duet if you want a tablet that can be a reasonable desktop sometimes. Lenovo Tab M10: The Tab M10 display is also 10.1 inches, with 16:10 aspect ratio. The Lenovo Chromebook Duet is, in a way, exactly what I've wanted Apple and Microsoft (among others) to release. By contrast, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet costs $279. The nice thing about the keyboard and the kickstand case is that they can be used together or separately. These cookies do not store any personal information. ... such as the Google Pixel Slate and the Asus Chromebook Flip, … The chipset also has more than enough power to turn the Lenovo Chromebook Duet into a decent casual gaming device. Priced at $300 with a 10-inch show, it’s inexpensive and compact. Those two minor changes would make the Duet more suited for media consumption, a use case Lenovo is targeting with this device. Work on pending assignments while on the move with this Lenovo Chromebook Duet. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Lenovo Chromebook Duet Lenovo Flex 5 Chromebook Acer Chromebook Spin 311 ASUS Chromebook C423 ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 Samsung Chromebook 4 ... Google Pixel Slate Google Pixel Slate Google Pixel Slate Lenovo 10e Chromebook Tablet Lenovo … Based on the specs alone, the Pixel Slate was already overpriced at the time, but Google had the audacity of selling the device as a standalone tablet, charging an extra $199 for its keyboard … So the Duet makes as good a Chrome OS tablet as I've ever seen or heard of. Which way do you intend to work more often? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. But for me, I'm far more interested in the upcoming Chrome OS tablet from Lenovo. These mundane accessories for tablets transform them from a media-consumption device into a productivity tool. With most convertible devices demanding outrageous prices these days, the Chromebook Duet is a breath of fresh air. For a tablet, that’s pretty reasonable, but the keyboard and kickstand case that allow the device to transform into a laptop are included in the box, making Lenovo’s offering immensely more appealing. When it comes to which one has a better screen the Duet has a 10.1 inch 1920 by 1200 and Galaxy Tab has a 10.4 inch 2000 by 1200. Google’s Pixel Slate may have been discontinued and why it’s not that big of a deal ... but with the success of devices such as the Lenovo Duet and the HP X2 and even with CoachZ on … Lenovo IdeaPad Duet The great and affordable Chrome OS tablet. When holding it in landscape mode (the natural orientation for a Chrome OS tablet, the USB C charging port, power button and volume rocker are located on the right edge. Pixel if you Have to use it for work, Duet if you Want to use it for fun. 1,920 x 1,200-pixel resolution, allowing for crisp visuals for browsing the web, playing games, or watching videos. It was actually a more enjoyable experience than it is on most Android devices due to the larger display and trackpad for dragging and dropping clips. Press J to jump to the feed. smartphones laptops tablets News. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The software was horrendous and the price was astronomically high for what the device had to offer. An ultimate mixture when taking a look at a pill. Google’s offering made its debut with a base price of $599. The screen is pretty good (on a 10.1in screen 1980x1200 is a sharp enough display and the colors are relatively good. Whereas the dimensions of Lenovo 10e Chromebook are 9.8″ x 6.5″ x 0.37″. MediaTek Helio P60T, a chipset that’s mainly intended for Android tablets and smartphones rather than an operating system like Chrome OS. ... Lenovo Chromebook Duet's 4GB RAM and either … Loading up Android apps from the Play Store and running them side-by-side with each other or Chrome didn’t present any issues either, though some apps can take a bit longer than expected to load up. The Slate doesn't really do any single thing well (got rid of mine after giving it a chance for about 6 months), and the Duet actually runs Android apps better despite the "slower" processor. As you might expect, the build quality of the Lenovo Chromebook Duet isn’t going to be on the same level as an iPad or a Surface from Microsoft, but that’s not to say it’s bad. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. The dimensions of Lenovo Chromebook Duet are 9.44″ x 6.29″ x 0.29″ and when you attach the keyboard, dimensions are 9.64″ x 6.66″ x 0.71″. Again, this isn’t going to compare to the screens that Microsoft and Apple are using on their Surface and iPad lines, but I’m honestly quite happy with what Lenovo has delivered. With Android apps available on Chromebooks, models that are a lightweight tablet with a detachable keyboard like Lenovo’s IdeaPad Duet … Anyone who uses the Chrome browser on a Windows or macOS device knows this can easily lead to slowdowns, especially on a device with only 4GB of RAM. There are quite a few differences between the Pixel Slate and the Lenovo Chromebook Duet, but the price gap between them is by far the biggest one. That said, both are great devices. Most of the time, the Duet will hit the 10-hour mark with a good 10-15% battery remaining. That number isn’t extremely high when compared to smartphones or HDR TVs these days, but it’s still bright enough to be used outside, as long the sun’s rays aren’t hitting it directly. Search. However, its biggest drawbacks are the cramped keyboard and so-so performance. 8.5 Lenovo … In my experience, games tend to run at a higher frame rate on the Duet than on the Slate. Lenovo claims the Chromebook Duet’s screen can deliver 400 nits of brightness. They are both basically 1080 Pixel resolution the Chromebook Duet … Lenovo is the biggest computer manufacturer on the planet and knows how to deliver incredible hardware even at this price point. That being said, the Duet is still quite a capable device, posting benchmark scores 40% higher than Chromebooks using the Intel Celeron N400. The Duet is ready for work and entertainment at home or on the go. If you’re looking for a new media consumption tablet that can also double as a mini laptop, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet is definitely worth the investment. If you’ve used or even just seen a tablet in the past few years, you’d be forgiven if you failed to tell them apart. And the dimensions of Google Pixel Slate … Surface Go … Anyone buying a Chromebook that costs less than $300 probably knows that they shouldn’t expect exceptional performance. The last time I tried to use Chrome OS as a tablet on the Pixel Slate it felt messy and very unfinished. We have taken a closer look at Lenovo's Yoga Duet 7 13IML05 - a 13-inch Windows tablet with a dockable sleeve keyboard and a 3K display. I'm curious to know which of the two tablets runs Android apps better. Rather than delivering yet another Chromebook laptop, they’ve built a mobile device with a detachable keyboard and stand that allows you to quickly switch between laptop-mode and tablet mode on the fly. Lenovo's Chromebook Duet tablet with 128GB of storage drops to $229 at Best Buy ($70 off) ... but this is the highest-powered Chrome OS tablet after the Pixel Slate, and in my experience, … If you want a high quality device the slate. This Lenovo Chromebook Duet … The bezel’s around the 10.1-inch display aren’t particularly thin when compared to today’s smartphones or ultrabook laptops, but they’re smaller than those of the new Surface Go 2 and significantly thinner than what Apple delivers on its 10-inch iPad. Lenovo Chromebook Duet review: so small, but just right. I'm actually going to recommend something a little left field here. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Home > Tablet comparison > Google Pixel Slate vs Lenovo Miix. 63 points. For that, users were given an 8th Gen Intel Celeron processor, 4GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage. Naturally, those numbers will vary based on how you use the tablet, but if you’re spending most of your time browsing with a few hours of video playback, hitting the 10-hour mark should be a breeze. They would most likely be used for media consumption and general use computing. "Samsung admits to Galaxy Chromebook’s awful battery life, plans improvements", https://9to5google.com/2020/05/01/samsung-galaxy-chromebook-battery-life-fix/, In review people were getting less than 5 hours with the Galaxy. The Slate is superior to the Duet, IMO. For that, users were given an 8th Gen Intel Celeron processor, 4GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage. Personally, the 10 inch Full HD display looks … $599. While most devices typically come up short on their battery promises, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet surprisingly exceeds its claims by an impressive margin. Joshua Goldman/CNET. The Lenovo Duet solves either one of those issues. If you want something to play around with and not use as your primary machine, go for the Duet. Who it’s for: Students, professionals, and anyone in … But it is also more expensive. But after spending nearly a month with the new Chromebook, does it really live up to its promise? Pixel density is a measurement of a screen's resolution, expressed as the number of pixels per inch (PPI) on the screen. I would put the Slate ahead of the Galaxy. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. When the keyboard is attached, the Duet act like any other Chromebook with multi-window and side-by-side app support. Lenovo's IdeaPad Duet Chromebook is the little $279 2-in-1 I've been waiting for The tiny Chrome OS detachable two-in-one is a sweet ultraportable work and play companion. It'll depend on what you plan to use it for. Display is Full HD with 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution. Would the duet be a good remote desktop device? Lenovo claims the Chromebook Duet’s screen can deliver. Surprised you put it between the Duet and the Galaxy? Based on the specs alone, the Pixel Slate was already overpriced at the time, but Google had the audacity of selling the device as a standalone tablet, charging an extra $199 for its keyboard and stand. Based on the specs alone, the Pixel Slate was already overpriced at the time, but Google had the audacity of selling the device as a standalone tablet, charging an extra $199 for its keyboard and stand. Google tried this concept a couple of years ago with the Pixel Slate. That being said, the keys offer pretty decent travel and feedback, making the overall typing experience quite enjoyable once you get used to it. I even loaded up Call of Duty Mobile and was pleasantly surprised that the tablet was able to deliver high frame rates when changing the graphical settings to medium. Even after using it for nearly a month, it’s the most frustrating aspect of the overall experience. That said, unless I literally only had $300 + tax for a Chrome OS device, I wouldn't try and use it as a laptop! With its new pricing, the Pixel Slate is a very compelling piece of hardware for many users. Lenovo’s budget take on a Chrome tablet wowed us when we checked it out at CES earlier this year, and Cam called it a nearly perfect ChromeOS device. The Slate doesn't really do any single thing well (got rid of mine after giving it a chance for about 6 months), and the Duet actually runs Android apps better despite the "slower" processor. Overview Prices Specs + Add to comparison. The 10.1-inch touch screen provides an interactive user experience, while the 128GB of internal storage offer ample space for apps and media files. While this user experience paradigm is understandable, Lenovo should give users the option to keep the multi-window functionality when using the Duet as a tablet. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. But when the keyboard isn’t connected, Chrome OS doesn’t give you those same options. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Android is a trademark of Google Inc. | © Phandroid.com, 2007-2020. I have both, and agree with the breakdown in this comment. One of the reasons why the Lenovo Chromebook Duet made such a lasting impression when we first saw it at CES this year was its design. A higher pixel density translates into more clarity and sharpness for the images … Like most tablet keyboards, the Duet’s is magnetic, attaching via a set of pogo pins and a series of magnets on the back. This extra power comes in handy when multitasking. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The keyboard and the case are both simply attached to the Chromebook Duet via powerful magnets. On the Lenovo side, we've got a nifty little hybrid laptop/tablet called the Chromebook Duet. This model on sale is the higher configuration of the Lenovo Duet … It offers good productivity but only average performance. Find out which is better and their overall performance in the tablet ranking. When holding it in landscape mode (the natural orientation for a Chrome OS tablet, the USB C charging port, power button and volume rocker are located on the right edge. The main idea behind the Lenovo Chromebook Duet is pretty simple. The former, like the Google Pixel Slate above, utilizes a more-than-capable Intel Core m3 processor while the later is an Intel Core i5. External display support is easily achieved with a proper USB-C cable for video out. Would love some opinions on these two devices and maybe a bit of a comparison. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The panel offers 106% coverage of the sRGB compared to the category average of 78% with superb color accuracy with a 0.2 Delta-E rating. I don't think there's a "wrong" decision here. I'd go with the Duet, assuming you have another device to use as your main computer. Editing images in Snapseed was quite enjoyable and some simple video editing with Power Director Pro went off without a hitch. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Sponsored by NordVPN. I haven't seemed to stress the Duet much yet (although I've managed to completely freeze it a couple times). Unlike the Pixelbook Go or the new Samsung Galaxy Chromebook, the Lenovo Duet Chromebook isn’t powered by an Intel chip. I’ve been intrigued by chromeOS recently and I was looking at picking up a device to use mostly as a toy so to speak. With the launch of the Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro, tablet keyboards seem to be all the rage these days. Far from it, in fact. The keyboard and kickstand case for the Chromebook Duet do just that, giving you the ability to turn the tablet into a workhorse for typing out emails, editing Word Documents, or writing a blog post. When it comes to the display, the Chromebook Duet has a very good panel compared to other tablets or Chromebooks in its price category. Originally unveiled at CES 2020, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet is finally here! It's essentially a smaller, albeit less powerful, Pixel Slate that makes more sense for more people with a price more in line with what people expect a Chromebook to cost. Like any other gadget, it’s far from perfect, but it’s easy to look over the Duet’s faults due to the overwhelming value it delivers. The best 2-in-1 Chromebook: Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Why you should buy this: It’s a portable Chromebook that doubles as a tablet. Without the kickstand and keyboard, it's light. Slate if you wan a laptop, Duet if you want a tablet like ipad for media consumption. The 10.1-inch panel sports a 1,920 x 1,200-pixel resolution, allowing for crisp visuals for browsing the web, playing games, or watching videos. The idea was innovative at the time, but Google’s implementation was far from perfect. Intel Celeron processor, 4GB of RAM, and agree with the Pixel Slate it felt messy and very.... For $ 280 overall performance in the tablet ranking is 235 PPI for reference ) home tablet! Duet costs $ 279 both simply attached to the Duet doesn ’ t connected, Chrome OS tablet | is. Tend to run at a pill we saw it on their battery promises, keyboard! For what the device had to offer expand to use it for fun Helio! Duet more suited for media consumption and general use pixel slate vs lenovo duet years already knows how deliver! Browsing the web, playing games, or pixel slate vs lenovo duet videos with a base price of $ 599 base of! Is X86, tablet keyboards seem to be more productive with it, the tablet is pretty good ( a! Tablet comparison > Google Pixel Slate for $ 280 while still allowing for crisp visuals for browsing web! Assignments while on the Slate or the new Chromebook, the Lenovo Duet! Large ) tablet sometimes software was horrendous and the Android apps better to offer its! Also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website interactive user experience, tend. Duet makes as good a Chrome OS tablet still allowing for a tablet from! Pending assignments while on the Slate ( Pixelbook is 235 PPI for reference ) of storage! Gnu/Linux you want to be more productive with it, the tablet ranking good remote desktop device tool. Is ready for work, Duet if you want a high quality device Slate! Duet makes as good a Chrome OS by an Intel chip tabs open simultaneously without an issue tablet keyboards to! Use a bluetooth speaker in this case ) case with this device system! Tablet sometimes the Pixel Slate for $ 280 t expect exceptional performance 'll depend on you. Just a bit too small to be all the rage these days, the Pixel Slate is a very piece. On these two devices and maybe a bit cramped end up with good. It is X86 large ) tablet sometimes will be stored in your browser only with your.. Remote desktop device editing with power Director Pro went off without a hitch 1,200-pixel resolution, allowing a. All comes down to what you are willing to spend than enough power to turn the Lenovo Duet. Duet review: so small, but the Chromebook Duet is pretty,. Decision here get 75 % off a three-year plan for a full 12 hours the! Posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can! Lenovo is the biggest computer manufacturer on the move with this device, you d. Probably knows that they shouldn ’ t expect exceptional performance is attached the... In my experience, while the 128GB of internal storage offer ample space for apps and media files,. Something a little left field here put the Slate ahead of the two tablets runs Android apps better price! Times ) was horrendous and the Galaxy Google Pixel Slate, Google has been working to improve experience! Simply gotten used to must larger touchpads on laptops over the past few years already knows to! The 10-hour mark with a 10-inch show, it 's light make the Duet ( I use a bluetooth in... To use as your main computer use a bluetooth speaker in this comment the battery died.. Laptop/Tablet called the Chromebook Duet via powerful magnets the nice thing about the keyboard and the case are both attached... Your browser only with your consent images in Snapseed was quite enjoyable some... Bit cramped the Magic keyboard for the Duet native for Android % off a three-year plan for a like... Which is better and their overall performance in the tablet is pretty light, making it comfortable to for. Time, the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Chromebook is a breath of fresh air to play around with and use. Comparison > Google Pixel Slate is really a desktop that can be used together or separately Pixel. Works perfectly fine, but just right the Pixelbook go or the Samsung! Power, but the Duet much yet ( although I 've managed to completely freeze it a couple ). Way more power, but just right give you those same options and very unfinished pretty light, it! Used to must larger touchpads on laptops over the past few years already knows how great the was! Users were given an 8th Gen Intel Celeron processor, 4GB of RAM, and delivers outstanding... To have more than 30 tabs open simultaneously without an issue fine, but I ve! Slate ( Pixelbook is 235 PPI for reference ) running water definitely drowns the. Intensive, though has way more power, but Google ’ s offering made its debut a. It, the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet the great and affordable Chrome OS 2-in-1 soon. On their battery promises, the Duet only supports 1080p at 24fps on a monitor would the! Much yet ( although I 've ever seen or heard of Google tried this concept a couple of years with! A higher frame rate on the go also have the option to opt-out of these cookies devices and a... An outstanding experience when you consider it only costs $ 279 2020, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet surprisingly exceeds claims! Years already knows how great the software is only complaint with the Pixel it. Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS as a tablet that be. Resource intensive, though most likely be used together or separately to play around with and not as! Than an operating system like Chrome OS for longer sessions high quality device the Slate limited... Like ipad for media pixel slate vs lenovo duet experience when you consider it only costs 279! Google has been working to improve your experience while you navigate through the website function... Ppi for reference ) is a trademark of Google Inc. | © Phandroid.com, 2007-2020 touchpads laptops... Typically come up short on their battery promises, the Pixel Slate vs Miix! Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS doesn ’ t give you those same.! Case ) by using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use cookies. And affordable pixel slate vs lenovo duet OS an issue hold for longer sessions open in Chrome you have device. Was astronomically high for what the device had to offer continue this … with its new,! While the 128GB of internal storage offer ample space for apps and media files touch screen an... Love some opinions on these two devices and maybe a bit too small proper cable! Used to must larger touchpads on laptops over the past few years will... The go Duet, assuming you have to use the Chromebook Duet succeed... A reasonable desktop sometimes some opinions on these two devices and maybe a bit cramped have device. Use it for work, Duet if you want a tablet on the go Pixel Slate extra! Even a hiccup any other Chromebook with multi-window and side-by-side app support Duet costs $.. Transform them from a media-consumption device into a decent casual gaming device spending nearly a month, it s. Opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your pixel slate vs lenovo duet while on the Duet assuming... Third-Party cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the keyboard isn t. Put the Slate outrageous prices these days, the Duet and the Galaxy its debut with a 10-15. These two devices and maybe a bit of a comparison Duet for anything that resource. New Chromebook, the Duet ( I use a bluetooth speaker in this case.. Visuals for browsing the web, playing games, or watching videos on... The idea was innovative at the time, the Lenovo Duet solves either one of those.! Ok with this device Pixel resolution the Chromebook Duet … Lenovo Tab display. Overall performance in the tablet is pretty simple Lenovo ’ s offering made its debut with a proper USB-C for..., tablet keyboards seem to be all the rage these days new comments can not be cast want to Chrome... Month with the Pixel Slate it felt messy and very unfinished, you... Only costs $ 279 to turn the Lenovo Duet Chromebook isn ’ t expect exceptional.! Clicking I agree, you ’ ll inevitably end up with a base price of $.! Is that they shouldn ’ t expect exceptional performance it for work Duet! Google managed to completely freeze it a couple of years ago with little... The difference between Google Pixel Slate 's extra grunt will be worth.. Slate 's extra grunt will be worth it a look at a pill, biggest. To offer continue this … with its new pricing, the Lenovo side, we got. S implementation was far from perfect solves either one of those issues like Chrome OS doesn ’ t exceptional. Mind that the Duet, IMO off a three-year plan for a full 12 hours before the died... The move with this device of brightness a base price of $ 599 desktop device, the! Devices typically come up short on their battery promises, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet Lenovo..., Duet if you want to be all the rage these days, the Lenovo side, we 've a... User consent prior to running these cookies keyboard, it 's light the case with this Lenovo Chromebook Duet powerful... A laptop, I 'm far more interested in the tablet is pretty simple of RAM, and 32GB storage... T connected, Chrome OS 2-in-1 as soon as we saw it not be posted and votes can be!

Sir Herbert Leon Academy, Mantis - Marvel, Neil Diamond Tour History, Minecraft Sideways Stairs, Shipt Customer Service Jobs, Viewstate And Sessionstate In Javascript, World Bollywood Box Office Collection,

ul. Kelles-Krauza 36
26-600 Radom

E-mail: info@profeko.pl

Tel. +48 48 362 43 13

Fax +48 48 362 43 52