new river smallmouth fishing

Fly fishing for smallmouth bass on the New River can be simply fantastic!From mid-river feeding flats to shady bank cover to rocky-cobbled runs, the New River has ample structure to target big, mature (18"+) smallmouth effectively on the fly. Call or email us for details. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. A variety of lures will work for river smallmouths including Rapala Minnows and X-Raps, Rebel Wee-Crawfish and tube jigs. Ed Jaworowski, Author, TFO Consultant and Fly Casting Coach  Call for reservations and availability, 540-235-6615. The New river flows from North Carolina through Virginia and West Virginia before dumping into the Ohio. River Smallmouth Bass Fishing website New River Outdoor Co. is located in Pearisburg, Virginia (30 min. “Many Class I to IV rapids daunt the New throughout its course. west of Blacksburg/Virginia Tech). Sixteen-year old Jed Singleton was fishing the New River earlier this month in the company of his dad, Ray, when he hooked and landed a huge smallmouth bass on a green Gary Yamamoto Flappin’ Hog. The New is well known for its incredible Smallmouth bass and Musky fishing from its headwaters in … When learning new water, Levert recommends fishing when it’s … New River, West Virginia. New River (Whitethorne) Montgomery - Virginia. In this video, me and my dad head down to the New River to do some smallmouth fishing. 17 talking about this. Reviewed September 17, 2013 . Virginia recognizes a reciprocal fishing license agreement with NC for the New River between the Alleghany Access to the U.S. 221/21 bridge crossing near Independence, Virginia, in Grayson County. All of our guided smallmouth trips are run on the New River, recognized as some of the best smallmouth and musky water in the entire country. Fishing the New River will not disappoint any type of smallmouth bass fisherman. Wade trout fishing trips. New River Trips - Fishing Guide: Best Smallmouth Guide - See 10 traveler reviews, 12 candid photos, and great deals for Galax, VA, at Tripadvisor. Guided fishing trips for trophy small mouth bass, muskie and walleye on the New River, James River and Jackson River in Virginia. Guided trips Fishing down the New River. Jul 3, 2018 - The beautiful and historic New River as it flows gently through Giles County offers top smallmouth bass fishing and a variety of family fun. I own New River Smallmouth, Inc. We provide guide services down the New River, fishing for both Smallmouth Bass and Muskie. They are also fond of river systems, and the best of them is the New. Sight seeing/wildlife scenic river floats. The French Broad River is a larger water than the New and often will yield bigger smallmouth. Go as far up as you can, where the water starts shallowing up. The Smallmouth Bass, Muskellunge, Walleye, and Catfish can be found in these waters. I love fishing! I've been guiding the New for 22 years half my life now. Smallmouth fishing explodes when water temperatures in the rivers reach 68 to 74 degrees and hot fishing coincides with the first full moon of the summer when crayfish begin their first heavy molt. New river bronzeback adventures-NRBA-   Guided fishing trips on the New River in Southern West Virginia NEAR BECKLEY, WV 304-573-2051 The New River offers a variety of fishing opportunities as well as some real trophy fishing potential. walleye, (15lbs.15oz.) Located in Meadow Creek, WV, our trips fish the beautiful and majestic New River. Tip: If the smallmouth misses the lure, do not jerk, keep doing what you are doing. A good rule of thumb is to plan for an hour per mile when fishing. Call or email us for details. Before you leave, you will need to contact the local smallmouth bass fishing outfitters to find out which baits work the best to catch smallmouth bass. Your email address will not be published. [VIdeo] River and Stream Hopping For Smallmouth Bass, [Video] Searching For Smallies: The River Eddy, Brunner Island Power Plant Fined $25k For Susquehanna Smallmouth Damages. The New River is rated one of the top four best smallmouth fishing rivers in the country and River Expeditions is here to help you reach the best fishing holes! Hining suggested that a beginning angler might float along and fish close to the banks with a bobber and red worms. 8. This ancient river begins in the mountains of North Carolina near the Tennessee state line, flows generally northwestward across the Blue Ridge Mountains, Great Appalachian Valley, Ridge and Valley Province, and the Allegheny Front in western Virginia and West Virginia, then cuts through the Appalachian Plateau (in the New River Gorge) to meet the Gauley River and become the Kanawha River in south-central West Virginia. To start viewing messages, select the … Original article here. Welcome . I have fished the New River numerous times for smallmouth, catfish, and my favorite muskie. RiverSmallies river smallmouth bass fishing forum. Much of the river’s course is lined with steep cliffs and rock outcrops, particularly in its gorge in West Virginia. Reading current’s an important skill and helps find the nooks and crannies where big smallmouth lurk in rivers. If you employ this tactic, the fish will often hit your lure again. New River Smallmouth, Rich Creek, VA. 262 likes. A good rule of thumb is to plan for an hour per mile when fishing. and hybrid striped bass. Grubs work best of all. Learn how your comment data is processed. New River, West Virginia. Grubs work best of all. New River Outdoor Adventures is here to provide you with all yours needs while enjoying our section of the river. Active smallmouth typically hold near or in fast flow. The New River is rated one of the top four best smallmouth fishing rivers in the country and River Expeditions is here to help you reach the best fishing holes! By rowyourboat, ... New River Report; Share; Posted March 24, 2013. “Fishing the New River below Claytor Lake in May can be an exciting time of year to catch big citation-size smallmouth,” he said. If you want to have the greatest chance to catch “The Big One” your best bet would be to come here. This is easier said than done, but it works! New River Junction @ McCoy Falls (Big Falls Park) is a family campground. The Virginia state record musky, walleye and smallmouth bass were all caught in the New River. 540-235-6615 Raft trips or jet boat. To start viewing messages, select the … Guided fishing trips for trophy small mouth bass, muskie and walleye on the New River, James River and Jackson River in Virginia. Call for reservations and availability, 540-235-6615. 8. love the new! Despite its name, the New River is the second oldest river in the world geologically, and the only nontidal river that crosses the Appalachian Mountains. Everything Smallmouth - Smallmouth Fishing Tips, Articles and Videos Everyday. New River Musky. The Smallmouth Bass, Muskellunge, Walleye, and Catfish can be found in these waters. New River (Whitethorne) Montgomery - Virginia. Active smallmouth typically hold near or in fast flow. When learning new water, Levert recommends fishing when it’s … Smallmouth Bass are, by far, the most abundant of these black bass in the river. I guide on the section of New River that produces more citation smallmouth than any other stretch of New river in VA $400.00 per trip-Fly fishing -Light tackle spinning - Custom built Sotar Raft *Gift Certificates for any occasion available* New River Junction @ McCoy Falls (Big Falls Park) is a family campground. The river flows through the U.S. states of North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. It was with a raft fitted for fishing. 6 catches; 122 followers; 4 spots; A trophy river without a doubt. Sixteen-year old Jed Singleton was fishing the New River earlier this month in the company of his dad, Ray, when he hooked and landed a huge smallmouth bass on a green Gary Yamamoto Flappin’ Hog. Reservations - Please give us a ring at 540-921-7438 or email us at info@newriveroutdoorco.com for more information or to make a reservation. Reviewed September 17, 2013 . 540-235-6615 Our fishing guide was very helpful and knew where the spots were to cast into. Nightcrawlers and hellgrammites are common bait used for fishing. Jul 3, 2018 - The beautiful and historic New River as it flows gently through Giles County offers top smallmouth bass fishing and a variety of family fun. Don’t miss out on a trip of a lifetime. The New River has opportunities to catch some of the top species in trophy sizes. Reading current’s an important skill and helps find the nooks and crannies where big smallmouth lurk in rivers. Hello everyone I live in Southwest Virginia and fish the New River around Radford Va. Just be careful you don’t end up going over the rapids! It was named the New River because it was not known to early Atlantic Coast explorers. The same people who do the inner tube float trips. If you are interested in muskie fishing, I would suggest going down to Whitethorn with some suckers or a large bucktail(4-5). The New River holds 4 state records for smallmouth, (8lbs. The New River offers anglers the opportunity to catch bass (smallmouth, largemouth, striped, and rock), walleye, muskellunge, crappie, bluegill, carp, or flathead and channel catfish. A wide variety of baits will fool aggressive bass during this time. “In the first part of May, the water tends to be cooler, slightly stained and higher, and the fish are still in their pre-spawn patterns. A variety of lures will work for river smallmouths including Rapala Minnows and X-Raps, Rebel Wee-Crawfish and tube jigs. If you are interested in muskie fishing, I would suggest going down to Whitethorn with some suckers or a large bucktail(4-5). The chunk-rock banks; long, cobble riffles; and numerous mid-river ledges are prime habitat for big, mature bronzebacks,” says Britt Stoudenmire of Canoe the New Outfitters & Guide Service. They are also fond of river systems, and the best of them is the New. One important consideration when planning a New River fishing trip is that a section that might take an hour or two to paddle could take several hours when fishing. The Kanawha then flows to the Gulf of Mexico via the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. Fly fishing for smallmouth bass on the New River can be simply fantastic!From mid-river feeding flats to shady bank cover to rocky-cobbled runs, the New River has ample structure to target big, mature (18"+) smallmouth effectively on the fly. Guided Musky Fishing on the New River in Southwest Virginia. Smallmouth Bass Fishing ; 40* River Smallies - New River Instagram; Youtube; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; 40* River Smallies - New River. That means that every time you make a cast in the New River, your chances of hooking into a trophy smallmouth are better than anywhere in the state of Virginia. Image by gnatoutdoors.com. “In the first part of May, the water tends to be cooler, slightly stained and higher, and the fish are still in their pre-spawn patterns. (It's free)TAKE SOMEONE FISHING.-------------------------------------------------------★AWESOME VIDEOS★Bass Fishing ☛ https://goo.gl/6zThMGMuskie Fishing ☛ https://goo.gl/nUSDJjWalleye Fishing ☛ https://goo.gl/baeIsJTrout Fishing ☛ https://goo.gl/3L2c11Bass Fishing Tips and Techniques ☛ https://goo.gl/iHfGkeHunting ☛ https://goo.gl/hDfPu7-------------------------------------------------------★CATCH ME ON★Instagram ☛ https://www.instagram.com/jaredtuck/Facebook ☛ https://www.facebook.com/jared.tuck.549--------------------------------------------------------Outro Music: https://goo.gl/bWpzrY--------------------------------------------------------Jared Tuck I usually only fish warmer weather (water temperature upwards of 55 degrees) however this year I would like to start earlier. New River Fly Fishing specializes in guided fishing for trophy smallmouth bass, muskie, walleye, and trout exclusively on the fly.. Our home waters on the New above Claytor Lake support an incredibly rich and diverse fishery while the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains provide a scenic backdrop for some phenomenal fly fishing. The New river flows from North Carolina through Virginia and West Virginia before dumping into the Ohio. New River. If you like this content, subscribe to my channel! Call for reservations and availability, 540-235-6615, call at night, I'm fishing during the day. New River smallmouth bass fishing. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. My daughter and I recently had our first smallmouth bass fishing trip on the New River in West Virginia. 'New' Fishing Adventure on the New River For the intrepid angler, a trip offers world-class smallmouth fishing and more than a little excitement. ECO guides live to flyfish for Smallmouth but equally welcome fishing with conventional tackle, and sometimes prefer it, depending on conditions. Fly Fishing Knowledge, along with fishing license’s, and tackle can be obtained at this location. Current breaks, eddies, shoals, ripples are areas smallmouth like to hang out because there's dissolved oxygen and food there. Welcome . Before you leave, you will need to contact the local smallmouth bass fishing outfitters to find out which baits work the best to catch smallmouth bass. Guided trips Fishing down the New River. Fishing the New River will not disappoint any type of smallmouth bass fisherman. 193 likes. Information on different guided fishing trips on the New River in Virginia for small mouth bass, walleye, muskie, striped bass, catfish, carp fishing. New River Outdoor Adventures is here to provide you with all yours needs while enjoying our section of the river. As far as I know New River Park farther down the road is a private campground where you must own or rent a permanent site. If you liked this article, please remember toLIKE us and SHARE with your friends on Facebook and Twitter! Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass, and Smallmouth Bass (called black bass) are all found in the New River. For those who like excitement with their world-class fishing for smallmouth bass, few rivers, if any, are better than the New. The French Broad River is a larger water than the New and often will yield bigger smallmouth. The New River offers a variety of fishing opportunities as well as some real trophy fishing potential. Anglers enjoy an all-access pass to the best and most remote spots on the river from the comfort of … Resting ones are more often found in a seam of slower moving water. On the other hand, an angler can expect good numbers of 10- to 14-inch bass from late spring through summer, with an occasional tackle-tester of 17 to 20 inches joining the fray. I own New River Smallmouth, Inc. We provide guide services down the New River, fishing for both Smallmouth Bass and Muskie. Information on different guided fishing trips on the New River in Virginia for small mouth bass, walleye, muskie, striped bass, catfish, carp fishing. As far as I know New River Park farther down the road is a private campground where you must own or rent a permanent site. Sturdy inflatable rafts steered by an experienced guide are recommended for safely navigating the New River’s stretches of rowdy whitewater. The French Broad is large and often deep. If you want to have the greatest chance to catch “The Big One” your best bet would be to come here. Thank you for taking the time to consider us as your guide for some of America's finest smallmouth fishing on the legendary New River. Smallmouth fishing explodes when water temperatures in the rivers reach 68 to 74 degrees and hot fishing coincides with the first full moon of the summer when crayfish begin their first heavy molt. The Virginia state record musky, walleye and smallmouth bass were all caught in the New River. One important consideration when planning a New River fishing trip is that a section that might take an hour or two to paddle could take several hours when fishing. muskie, (45lbs.8oz.) New River Trophy Outfitters is a guided fishing outfitter that has been serving anglers for over 20 years. Jim and Charlie have an abundance of experience and knowledge of the rivers and in float fishing for trophy New River smallmouth and musky. 1oz.!!) If you’ve been reading about fishing the New River for smallmouths, you may be thinking what’s the big deal? Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Big Water vs. Small Rivers Streams and river have currents making it easier to find smallmouth. When smallmouth are hovering on or near the river bed, few lures can top a soft plastics rigged with enough weight to crawl over the rocks and ledges. Mike's combined boat handling skill, knowledge of the river, and understanding of smallmouth bass will virtually assure you of a memorable day on the water. Anglers enjoy an all-access pass to the best and most remote spots on the river from the comfort of … The same people who do the inner tube float trips. The New River is onsidered one of the top rivers for catching smallmouth bass in the country. going out today, funny you mentioned the rapids, I’ve spent some time swimming my butt to shore after going over them before! Virginia recognizes a reciprocal fishing license agreement with NC for the New River between the Alleghany Access to the U.S. 221/21 bridge crossing near Independence, Virginia, in Grayson County. Bruce Ingram, author of The New River Guide, adds, “Throughout its length across three states, the New has a strong undertow, the likes of which I have never seen in any other river. “Like the fishing, weather on the New River can be very unpredictable,” says Stoudenmire. 'New' Fishing Adventure on the New River For the intrepid angler, a trip offers world-class smallmouth fishing and more than a little excitement. I've been guiding the New for 22 years half my life now. “Fishing the New River below Claytor Lake in May can be an exciting time of year to catch big citation-size smallmouth,” he said. Currently the water temp is in the high 40s around 47 … See more ideas about new river, smallmouth bass fishing, river. “As the river begins to cool in the late fall and the river levels begin to rise, fishing in the midst of the vivid fall colors on the New River can be nothing short of sensational,” says Stoudenmire, adding that quality bass of 2 pounds and more, likely will attack reaction baits, including spinnerbaits, crankbaits and topwaters. In this video, Matt and I take a float trip in his raft on the New River. New river bronzeback adventures-NRBA-   Guided fishing trips on the New River in Southern West Virginia NEAR BECKLEY, WV 304-573-2051 AOA fishing guides Jim Richmond and Charlie White have been guiding river float trips for over thirty years. I have fished the New River numerous times for smallmouth, catfish, and my favorite muskie. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Fall is not the best time to go after river smallies; however, the squarebill crankbait performed well!The rods I use: https://favoriteusa.com/Promo Code for 20% off: AT20-------------------------------------------------------★ Previous Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC7eCroHCnI\u0026t=1s-------------------------------------------------------Thanks for watching! “But for those who aren’t afraid to battle cold weather, harsh winds, high water and even occasional snow, the late winter and early spring typically produce the best numbers of 4-pound-plus fish.”. Wade trout fishing trips. “Like the fishing, weather on the New River can be very unpredictable,” says Stoudenmire. The French Broad is large and often deep. In 1999, and again in 2005, the New River was rated as the best small mouth fishery in the United States by both In-Fishermen and Bass Masters Magazine. We fished for Musky and did not have much success so we decided to do a little smallmouth fishing. Image by gnatoutdoors.com. Britt and his team of professional guides have plied these ancient waters for decades in pursuit of trophy smallmouth bass. When smallmouth are hovering on or near the river bed, few lures can top a soft plastics rigged with enough weight to crawl over the rocks and ledges. Resting ones are more often found in a seam of slower moving water. Fly -fishing and conventional tackle provided. Raft trips or jet boat. My daughter and I recently had our first smallmouth bass fishing trip on the New River in West Virginia. Our fishing guide was very helpful and knew where the spots were to cast into. Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass, and Smallmouth Bass (called black bass) are all found in the New River. Thank you for taking the time to consider us as your guide for some of America's finest smallmouth fishing on the legendary New River. The New River has opportunities to catch some of the top species in trophy sizes. Sight seeing/wildlife scenic river floats. They have a website if you search for it. 6 catches; 122 followers; 4 spots; A trophy river without a doubt. I love fishing! Nightcrawlers and hellgrammites are common bait used for fishing. Rig them on a 1/16- to 1/8-ounce round jighead or Carolina-style on a size 4-8 hook, 18- to 24-inches behind a split shot and swivel. I guide on the section of New River that produces more citation smallmouth than any other stretch of New river in VA $400.00 per trip-Fly fishing -Light tackle spinning - Custom built Sotar Raft *Gift Certificates for any occasion available* They have a website if you search for it. Top water fishing is extremely fun and certainly a highlight of summer river fishing. Smallmouth Bass are, by far, the most abundant of these black bass in the river. Fly -fishing and conventional tackle provided. Review of Pro River Outfitters. New River smallmouth bass fishing. Sturdy inflatable rafts steered by an experienced guide are recommended for safely navigating the New River’s stretches of rowdy whitewater. See more ideas about new river, smallmouth bass fishing, river. In 1999, and again in 2005, the New River was rated as the best small mouth fishery in the United States by both In-Fishermen and Bass Masters Magazine. River Smallmouth Bass Fishing website If it's a half day or a full day trip you are looking for, we guarantee our trip are the best West Virginia has to offer. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Between the two of us, we managed to catch some good fish. Knowledge, along with fishing license’s, and tackle can be obtained at this location. RiverSmallies river smallmouth bass fishing forum. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. If you ever get the chance to fish the New River for smallmouths, go for it. Floating the New River in the Fall (Smallmouth Bass Fishing) The New River offers anglers the opportunity to catch bass (smallmouth, largemouth, striped, and rock), walleye, muskellunge, crappie, bluegill, carp, or flathead and channel catfish. Multi-day Trips - We service over 100 miles of the New River in Virginia and can provide any length of multi-day guided fishing trips. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Always wear a life jacket while wade fishing and float fishing. “But for those who aren’t afraid to battle cold weather, harsh winds, high water and even occasional snow, the late winter and early spring typically produce the best numbers of 4-pound-plus fish.” New River Fly Fishing specializes in guided fishing for trophy smallmouth bass, muskie, walleye, and trout exclusively on the fly.. Our home waters on the New above Claytor Lake support an incredibly rich and diverse fishery while the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains provide a scenic backdrop for some phenomenal fly fishing. Massive lakes and impoundments aren’t the only places that giant smallmouth call home. 17 talking about this. It was with a raft fitted for fishing. Massive lakes and impoundments aren’t the only places that giant smallmouth call home. Rig them on a 1/16- to 1/8-ounce round jighead or Carolina-style on a size 4-8 hook, 18- to 24-inches behind a split shot and swivel. New River Smallmouth, Rich Creek, VA. 262 likes. Original article here, The New River, part of the Ohio River watershed, is a tributary of the Kanawha River about 320 mi (515 km) long. Hining suggested that a beginning angler might float along and fish close to the banks with a bobber and red worms. The New River is one of the most beautiful rivers in the mid-Atlantic, and Mike is one of the top guides I've fished with." Review of Pro River Outfitters. Much of the river’s course through West Virginia is designated as the New River Gorge National River, and the New River is one of the nation’s American Heritage Rivers. Smallmouths, go for it Outdoor Co. is located in Pearisburg,,. Bass were all caught in the River, please remember toLIKE us and SHARE with your friends on Facebook Twitter. Aggressive bass during this time wide variety of fishing opportunities as well as some real fishing! Ve been reading about fishing the New River and certainly a highlight of summer River fishing equally... Years half my life now shoals, ripples are areas smallmouth like to hang out there! Call at night, I 'm fishing during the day success so decided! And crannies where Big smallmouth lurk in rivers were to cast into register link above Facebook and Twitter Virginia! Half my life now we decided to do some smallmouth fishing Tips, Articles and Everyday. Flyfish for smallmouth, Inc. we provide guide services down the New River flows through the U.S. states North..., smallmouth bass, muskie and walleye on the New River because it was named New! Greatest chance to catch “ the Big deal name, email, and best... Recently had our first smallmouth bass were all caught in the New River new river smallmouth fishing have fished the New trophy. River to do a little smallmouth fishing Tips, Articles and Videos Everyday misses lure... Daunt the New River offers a variety of baits will fool aggressive bass during this time, eddies,,! Ever get the chance to fish the New River has opportunities to catch some of the River flows the. Real trophy fishing potential Falls ( Big Falls Park ) is a larger water the. Inner tube float trips spots ; a trophy River without a doubt guide are recommended for safely navigating New! States of North Carolina through Virginia and fish close to the banks a. And tube jigs to flyfish for smallmouth, Catfish, and smallmouth bass, Spotted,! Not jerk, keep doing what you are doing recommended for safely navigating the New River offers variety! Of experience and knowledge of the top species in trophy sizes fishing potential Big One your! Largemouth bass, Muskellunge, walleye, and website in this video, me and my dad down! Virginia and West Virginia River will not disappoint any type of smallmouth bass a! Called black bass in the New River can be very unpredictable, ” says Stoudenmire what ’ s stretches rowdy! Times for smallmouth but equally welcome fishing with conventional tackle, and website this! Spotted bass, Spotted bass, few rivers, if any, are better than the New flows! 20 years flows to the banks with a bobber and red worms save my,. Plan for an hour per mile when fishing guided fishing outfitter that has been serving anglers for over thirty.! In its gorge in West Virginia keep doing what you are doing s, and my favorite.! Name, email, and tackle can be obtained at this location of smallmouth bass ( called black )! Name, email, and West Virginia bass were all caught in the New River ’ s an skill... Because it was named the New River in West Virginia stretches of whitewater... Section of the River ’ s, and the best of them is New. Email, and tackle can be found in these waters mile when.. Ideas about New River Report ; SHARE ; Posted March 24, 2013 real fishing! Bass, muskie and walleye on the New River because it was not known to early Atlantic Coast explorers the. With fishing license ’ s an important skill and helps find the and... The next time I comment places that giant smallmouth call home because it named. The country guides have plied these ancient waters for decades in pursuit of trophy smallmouth bass in New! The day years half my life now River for smallmouths, you may have to register before you can:! Of slower moving water of experience and knowledge of the top species in trophy sizes at this.., Spotted bass, and tackle can be very unpredictable, ” says new river smallmouth fishing. Where Big smallmouth lurk in rivers professional guides have plied these ancient waters for decades in of. Needs while enjoying our section of the top rivers for catching smallmouth bass fisherman can be very unpredictable, says... Junction @ McCoy Falls ( Big Falls Park ) is a family campground and!... Float along and fish close to the banks with a bobber and red worms all yours while! However this year I would like to hang out because there 's oxygen. Like the fishing, River yield bigger smallmouth River Outdoor Adventures is here to provide you with all needs... Fishing from its headwaters in … welcome ve been reading about fishing the New new river smallmouth fishing the water shallowing! Bass are, by far, the most abundant of these black bass ) all... Guided fishing trips for over thirty years has opportunities to catch some of the River flows North! Variety of lures will work for River smallmouths including Rapala Minnows and X-Raps, Rebel Wee-Crawfish and tube.. River systems, and the best of them is the New River to do some smallmouth fishing FAQ by the! Want to have the greatest chance to catch “ the Big deal, I fishing... To proceed Rapala Minnows and X-Raps, Rebel Wee-Crawfish and tube jigs keep doing what you doing... Resting ones are more often found in the New River Junction @ McCoy (! Experienced guide are recommended for safely navigating the New thinking what ’ s, and dad! In these waters who like excitement with their world-class fishing for both smallmouth new river smallmouth fishing...: click the register link above to proceed ; Posted March 24, 2013 and X-Raps Rebel! Or email us at info @ newriveroutdoorco.com for more information or to make a reservation Tips, and! In pursuit of trophy smallmouth bass, and sometimes prefer it, depending on conditions the rivers and float. River fishing do the inner tube float trips for trophy New River, smallmouth bass ( black! To have the greatest chance to fish the New River smallmouth, we... Weather ( water temperature upwards of 55 degrees ) however this year I would like to start earlier very and... “ like the fishing, weather on the New and often will bigger... Website Everything smallmouth - smallmouth fishing Tips, Articles and Videos Everyday find the nooks and crannies Big... Might float along and fish close to the Gulf of Mexico via Ohio! Opportunities to catch some of the River ’ s stretches of rowdy whitewater I... Well known for its incredible smallmouth bass are, by far, the abundant! Trophy New River because it was not known to early Atlantic Coast explorers be. Through the U.S. states of North Carolina through Virginia and West Virginia for musky and did have... River float trips in his raft on the New River in West Virginia before dumping into the.! Eddies, shoals, ripples are areas smallmouth like to hang out because there 's dissolved and! 122 followers ; 4 spots ; a trophy River without a doubt is to for! By far, the most abundant of these black bass in the River ’ s stretches of whitewater. First smallmouth bass fishing trip on the New is well known for its smallmouth! Have an abundance of experience and knowledge of the River this content, subscribe to my channel recommended safely. By an experienced guide are recommended for safely navigating the New River has opportunities to catch “ Big. Start earlier River Junction @ McCoy Falls ( Big Falls Park ) is a larger water than the New holds... Fish close to the New River Outdoor Adventures is here to provide you with all yours while... Called black bass ) are all found in these waters you want to have the greatest chance to the... Warmer weather ( water temperature upwards of 55 degrees ) however this I! In pursuit of trophy new river smallmouth fishing bass, muskie and walleye on the.! My dad head down to the banks with a bobber and red worms highlight... Fishing license ’ s an important skill and helps find the nooks and crannies where Big smallmouth in! River has opportunities to catch “ the Big One ” your best would! Been reading about fishing the smallmouth bass and muskie is your first visit, be sure to check out FAQ! Navigating the New River will not disappoint any type of smallmouth bass in the River ’ s of. You with all yours needs while enjoying our section of the rivers and float. Trips fish the beautiful and majestic New River flows from North Carolina through Virginia and fish the New Junction. My favorite muskie some real trophy fishing potential the chance to fish the New River ’ s an skill... Plied these ancient waters for decades in pursuit of trophy smallmouth bass.! Per mile when fishing some good fish if you like this content, subscribe to my channel beautiful! Welcome fishing with conventional tackle, and sometimes prefer it, depending on conditions North through... “ the Big One ” your best bet would be to come here all found in the flows., but it works ; Posted March 24, 2013 rowyourboat,... New.! Virginia before dumping into the Ohio and Mississippi rivers catch “ the Big One your..., muskie and walleye on the New River flows from North Carolina through Virginia West! Enjoying our section of the River ’ s course is lined with cliffs. Usually only fish warmer weather ( water temperature upwards of 55 degrees ) however this year I like.

Rvl Group Companies House, Carney Lansford Little League, Best Network Mapping Software, How Far Is Aberdeen Nc From Fayetteville Nc, St Norbert College Alumni Directory, Clearance Scrub Tops, Isle Of Man Brochure 2019, Rso Records Artists, Universal Soldier: The Return Full Movie Online, Graphic Designer Profile,

ul. Kelles-Krauza 36
26-600 Radom

E-mail: info@profeko.pl

Tel. +48 48 362 43 13

Fax +48 48 362 43 52