asus chromebook c300 review

Asus’s latest offering is the C300. Large screen for a Chromebook. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The weight is under three pounds and the charger is small. ASUS Chromebook C301SA Review. It should also be mentioned that there is a smaller 11-inch version of this Chromebook, the C200, that packs much the same specs and design but bumps the battery life up by one hour. ASUS C300MA-EDU Review. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. You can take this machine with you anywhere without hassle or feeling like you're lugging something around. This pair of speakers outperforms the completely internal speakers found on some other laptops, and in that respect they're more than acceptable. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The ASUS C300 Chromebook is probably still best relegated to being a second computer for more casual usage considering its limited processing capabilities, but for $249 you really can't go wrong with this machine if that simpler use case is exactly what you're looking for. The trackpad is adequately sized, though by looking at it in relation to the size of the entire computer I think ASUS could have gone a tad larger. Chrome OS also does a bad job scaling its interface to higher-density displays, meaning the best resolution for a 13-inch laptop at this point is likely just 1600x900. The ASUS C300 Chromebook is Ultra-Mobile weighing less than 3lbs and delivery 10-hour Battery-Life; The ASUS Chromebook C300 features the latest, fastest 802.11ac delivering High-Speed WiFi connectivity; You’ll have Flexible Storage Expansion with multiple I/O … This laptop is absolutely great for those purposes. Although it's a very small laptop, the Asus Chromebook C202 feels like it can take a punch. You get a very pedestrian 13.3-inch 1366x768 display, backed up by 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and the new Intel Bay Trail Celeron dual-core processor clocked at 2.16GHz. The faux metal plastic looks quite nice and feels like it belongs on a higher-end machine, but picks up finger smudges at a pretty high rate. Before buying this computer, be aware of its capabilities. the keyboard is good. So ASUS Chromebook C300SA Compact, while being a cheaper option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $678 Microsoft Surface Pro 4, as seen on the chart below. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I was using my wife's iPad with a bluetooth keyboard while waiting for this chromebook to arrive. When you drop the number of tabs down or focus on just a couple tasks, the C300 is quite responsive, and I rarely experienced typing or scrolling slowdowns in those cases. I will be keeping this one in a sleeve when not in use. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that ASUS Chromebook C300SA Compact is a more popular laptop, based on its 400+ reviews. Grabbing the lid to open and close the laptop and keeping your wrists rested on the inside leaves visible smudges that look bad and are tough to clean off. Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2015. If you want a reliable, sturdy computing device with seemingly endless battery life for web browsing, social networking, basic word processing and light blogging, DO get this chromebook! i can open a few tabs up and not have to worry. Most functions only work with Wifi connection, but that's typically not a problem with the amount of free Wifi around the world. Shop all of Amazon's Holiday Deals starting now. If you're looking for a powerhouse laptop that can you can use for intensive photo editing and gaming, DO NOT buy this chromebook. No bells or whistles but it does everything I need and it boots up in seconds. Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2015. Looking at the Asus Chromebook C300 from afar, it continues the trend of low-key machines Google started with the Cr-48. In my case, the trackpad worked fine at first, but it started getting flakier and flakier until the trackpad became unusable. I picked up this ASUS C300 EDU model Chromebook and have been using it for the past couple days and thought I’d give a quick review in case anyone had any questions before purchasing one. ASUS has done a pretty good job with the C300's keyboard, and I haven't really found a single complaint with it. Excellent device. The overall build quality is just as good as it looks, with no flaws in the construction or creaks in the body when you move it around. all i wanted was to surf the web and watch youtube. This is actually one of the nicest looking and feeling Chromebooks available today, that also offers a great keyboard and battery life, which is extremely surprising considering that it's also one of the cheapest options out there. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations. Whereas the Samsung Chromebook 2 promised 8.5 hours and came up short around 5 or 6, the C300 actually easily made it to the 9 or 10 hour mark in my time with it. Octane Benchmarking Scores: 7304, 7714, 7428. Corners were cut to hit that $249 price point, with ASUS putting only 2GB of RAM a subpar display in the C300, but the only real detractor to daily use is the underpowered processor. Great performance under pressure. .spec-table td {vertical-align:text-top; border-bottom: 1px dashed #ccc; padding-top: 7px; padding-bottom: 7px;} The Asus Chromebook C300 is the best Chromebook on the market. I had no problem tossing this in a bag when I wasn't sure if I need a charger without fear of it getting in the way or weighing me down. ASUS Chromebook C300MA-DB01 - 13.3" - Celeron N2830 - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB eMMC overview and full product specs on CNET. Here are some things everyone should understand: Broken Trackpad is common problem ... You pay shipping for Asus warranty repair. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, ASUS has given Google a wonderful machine to run Chrome, Reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2015. Asus ChromeBook C300 is a Chrome OS laptop with a 13.30-inch display. I like the improved design that not having fans allows manufacturers, and the 10 hours of battery life is absolutely fantastic, but as someone who uses computers harder than the average user out there, I'd be willing to give up both of those things in order to have a more powerful processor. The Asus Chromebook C300 ($249) is a reasonably priced Chrome OS laptop with a relatively large 13.3-inch screen. If you plan on using a computer offline this laptop is not for you. -->. To get 1TB of cloud storage when you purchase this device go to https://drive.google.com/redeem . I got the feeling that the C300 was more responsive and capable with a dual-core Intel Bay Trail processor and 2GB of RAM than even the latest Samsung Chromebook 2 with a quad-core Exynos 5800 and 4GB of RAM. Power users will have to look elsewhere, but that doesn't mean that ASUS doesn't have a good thing going with the C300. The C300 still feels a bit bigger and heavier than the spec sheet indicates, leaving you wondering why there isn't much of a weight savings considering that there are no fans inside, nor is there glass or metal in the chassis build. Education versions with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage are available for both the C200 and the C300 series, scheduled to sell for $300 – $330. I must say that I prefer this cheaper machine much more. one day i would love to upgrade to an apple macbook, but for now and even in the future, for a less expensive resource that just lets me do the simple things on the web without having to worry about harming it, and without having to worry so much about how much i spent being as it was only $200 when i bought it, this chromebook does the job and then some. Reviewed in the United States on August 12, 2015. ASUS does a great job with its press images to make the C300 look as thin, light and premium as possible, and I'm happy to say that most of that feeling comes across when you actually have the laptop in front of you. Buying new Laptops products, whether online or in-store takes a lot of research, finding the right product, at the right price, from the best retailer and one that delivers the best features and from a reputable brand. Learn more. It doesn’t aim to rework the Chromebook wheel and, like the stellar One of my favorite things about this laptop is the battery life is awesome. When the Asus Chromebook Flip first hit the streets, it went for $649 (about £509, AU$926) with an Intel Core m5 processor, 64GB storage and 4GB RAM. and so on. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, ASUS C300 ChromeBook 13.3 Inch (Intel Celeron, 2 GB, 16GB SSD, Red), See all details for ASUS C300 ChromeBook 13.3 Inch (Intel Celeron, 2 GB, 16GB SSD, Red), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. It's a solid basic computer for those who prefer the laptop form factor to tablets. This page works best with JavaScript. Yes there are things you can't do on a Chromebook basically because it doesn't run windows, but there hasn't been been to many things I couldn't do on it. It even has the same price, $249, as the C300. Let's hope that the upcoming Broadwell or higher-end Bay Trail chips can bridge the gap. Asus currently makes two Chromebooks, one of which is the C300. Andrew Martonik. Almost 11 hours of battery life. The first press renders of the Galaxy S21 Ultra have appeared online, along with the phone's full specs sheet. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for ASUS C300 13.3 Inch Chromebook (Intel Celeron, 4GB, 32GB SSD, Black) at Amazon.com. Light weight. One thing (and only one thing, honestly) that HP got right on its Chromebook 11 was its 400 nit brightness IPS display, and I wish more Chromebook manufacturers would up their game on the display front like HP did there. We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. When my iPad tragically fell off the top of my car, I decided I did not want to pay $500 for a new iPad. I LOVE the chrome OS and the it links up seamlessly with the Google apps on my Android phone. One bonus about this laptop is the colors it came in. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. ASUS Chromebook – Sleek yet sophisticated. The entire lid and inside of the laptop is black plastic made to look like brushed metal, complemented by standard matte plastic around the display and on the bottom of the machine with small bits of shiny black plastic around various edges. If there's one thing we can all universally agree on, it's that spam calls are the worst. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2015. I put a Rat Fink sticker on the front of it just for added nostalgia. If you need to turn your Chromebook into an easy-to-use desktop once in a while, these docking stations are exactly what you're looking for. Indeed, ASUS' 11-inch C200 Chromebook ($250) looks like a 2009-era EeePC brought back to life: The spacious keyboard feels eerily familiar, as does the long, 11-hour battery life. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2015. A few months ago, we brought you our full review of ASUS’ C200 Chromebook, which, along with the larger C300, embodies the manufacturer’s first … ... Like the C300 before it, this device is made of all plastic and sports most of the design choices ASUS has used in … Reviewed in the United States on November 29, 2015, Clicking on the trackpad does not always register as a click. So many questions and even more answers to confuse me. the visual is decent. Intel has the high end of the Chromebook market locked down, and now with its Bay Trail line of processors its trying to take care of the rest of the market, too. ASUS Chromebook C300 Review The Asus Chromebook C300 is a decent Chromebook model which is a perfect match for many users needing a computer for light use. Colors are washed out, viewing angles are bad and brightness is just average — par for the course for most modern Chromebooks, sadly. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Read along for our complete review of the ASUS C300 Chromebook and see whether it hits the mark. Both the Asus T200 and C300 are coming by the end of June. Overall I am quite pleased with the ASUS C300. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for ASUS C300 ChromeBook 13.3 Inch (Intel Celeron, 2 GB, 16GB SSD, Red) at Amazon.com. First, the only difference between the C300-DB01 and C300-EDU Asus models are the increase in RAM (2GB vs. 4GB RAM ) and a larger standard SSD drive (16GB vs. 32GB SSD). Being a parent privacy is always a concern which is why on these Chromebooks you can set up a supervised user. The processor powering this C300 just isn't quite up to par, unfortunately, for all but basic uses. However, the rest of the specs are completely identical. Asus also offers a slightly bigger Chromebook C300 version, with a 13.3 inch screen, more color options and pretty much the same other features as the C200, starting at roughly $250 as well. .spec-table td:first-child {font-weight: bold; width: 29%;} This Chromebook’s name is similar to that of the Asus Chromebook C300MA and the Asus Chromebook … My children mostly use web applications such as Netflix, Google Play, online games, and required home school sites. The supervised user is not perfect, and will only allow the user to access the web and will not allow them to use Google Apps. There's a problem loading this menu right now. .spec-table th {display:none} At only $199 for a 13.3" Chromebook I figured that this Asus would suffice. The Flip C302C is basically a successor or sequel to the C100PA, once again boasting that twisty design. Bay Trail aims to provide the same features that make ARM devices so popular — including power efficiency and no need for fans — while still offering the power that folks expect when they see the Intel sticker on the palmrest of their laptop. The C200 has an 11.6 inch screen, while the C300 has a 13.3 inch screen. The RAM here is 4GB, the standard for a Chromebook, as is the storage disk of 16GB so you might want to get an external drive to store media.