salsa timberjack 29 review

As for the overall fit of the bike, it feels a little larger (mostly lower in the front end) than other hardtails I’ve ridden, but I was quite happy on a size large. Simply put, bikepacking is the synthesis of mountain biking and minimalist camping; it evokes the freedom of multi-day backcountry hiking, with the range and thrill of riding a mountain bike. Of course, there are alot of other unaccounted factors at play, but it’s hard to argue with the biomechanics and efficiency of having your hips, knees, legs, and feet all stacked above the bottom bracket. It also offers mid-range hardtail MTBs with quality components in a price bracket slightly above what amateur riders would spend. Specs, reviews & prices for the 2020 Salsa Timberjack XT 29. There are several reasons why so many modern trail bikes are being designed with steep seat tube angles. Yes, this frame was designed and tested for use with a suspension fork with an axle-to-crown length up to 541mm (typically 130mm of travel). Since its initial release in 2016, Salsa has positioned the Timberjack as a do-everything hardtail, and described it as long and agile due to its modern trail bike geometry. Timberjack features modern trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size 27.5-inch tires. LinkBack . Salsa Timberjack NX1 29er is equally at home pushing limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places undiscovered. For $50 less than the Timberjack, Marin’s Rift Zone 2 gives you a similar SRAM NX (non-Eagle) drivetrain, 120mm of frame and fork travel, hydraulic discs, and a dropper post. Although this may not be everyone’s preference, it does add to the bike’s overall versatility. Although I really haven’t had any issues with the RockShox Sektor RL fork, it certainly isn’t on the same level as XT 12-Speed, and has required me to run a higher pressure than what I’m used to to avoid bottoming out. One thing the cycling industry doesn’t take into account when designing mountain bikes with ultra steep seat tube angles is their ability to run rigid forks. LinkBack URL; About LinkBacks ; Thread Tools. Timberjack features fast-handling geometry, and clearance for either 29” or 27.5+ wheels and tires. The Salsa Timberjack is a hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Find details over at SalsaCycles.com. Learn More, We have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map. The Timberjack has stayed true to its relatively slack 73.2° seat tube angle, and on long, seated climbs there were physical signs that I wasn’t in the most efficient pedaling position—the most notable being increased hamstring tightness after my first few rides. With knobby, 29x2.6-inch-wide WTB tires and 130mm of travel up front, the Timberjack handled rocky singletrack with confidence. It uses a mix of SLX and XT components: an SLX cassette, chain, and crankset, with an XT shifter and rear derailleur. … Salsa Timberjack: Ride Review. Complete builds are based around either 27.5 x 2.8” or 29 x 2.6” wheels, a 130mm travel fork, and a 1×10, 11, or 12-speed drivetrain—depending on the model. Although it may not seem important, the option for Shimano 12-speed is a nice bonus for those looking to find a bikepacking-friendly hardtail that doesn’t cost a fortune. Size & Color. mtbr member Reputation: Join Date Sep 2014 Posts 1,588 . The TranzX dropper isn’t the smoothest, but it was reliable during testing. riding full-suspension bikes around the $1,000 mark, Tested: Salsa’s New Horsethief Carbon GX Eagle, The KHS Team 29 is a new carbon hardtail mountain bike with plus tire versatility, SRAM's XX1 Eagle Is the Only Mountain Bike Drivetrain You'll Want to Ride Right Now, SRAM GX1 Eagle Is the 1x Drivetrain With Something for Everyone, Alternator dropouts allow you to ride geared or singlespeed, Three bottle mounts and a rear rack mount give you bike-packing versatility, The NX Eagle cassette makes the most of the 1x configuration, 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain climbs like a goat. This may not be a concern for everyone, but would definitely need to be swapped out for those living in the Pacific Northwest. When compared against some other similarly priced hardtails, the Timberjack XT 29 looks like pretty good value. The SRAM Level brakes aren’t the strongest we’ve used on trail bikes, but the modulation is decent and I only wanted more power when I’d already braked too late for a corner. It’s easy to get caught up in the world of space metal and ultralight carbon frames. if you are between sizes, should I size up or down. With long and slack geometry, the Timberjack felt better getting rowdy on wide open sections of trail than picking apart rockier, more technical stretches, but I can’t say whether that would hold true for the 27.5-inch bike. Designed for use with the Salsa Alternator Rack. I was a little surprised to see a cup-and-cone style Shimano MT400 front hub, and although it would have been nice to see sealed cartridge bearing hubs on both the front and back, it’s an easy place to help keep things affordable that can always be upgraded down the road. However, the front wheel has a tendency to lift off the ground on steep ascents to a more noticeable degree than I’ve felt on other trail bikes, a potential side affect of the arse-over-rear wheel geometry. I was curious to see how some similarly priced aluminum hardtails’ geometry compared, just to find out where the Timberjack sits, so I put together the following chart. In Store Near City, State, or ZIP Update Show only retailers with confirmed stock. The stock builds have a LOT of clearance around the 27.5x3" Rocket Rons, even in the shortest chainstay setting. As a huge Shimano fan, I was stoked to see a Shimano XT 12-Speed build option in the lineup, as well a more affordable SLX option for just $1,699. You can use it for single-track or bike-packing in harsh tracks – and it will always deliver perfect results. Salsa didn’t update the Timberjack’s geometry for 2020, or any frame specs, for that matter. View and share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes. 2019 Salsa JOURNEYMAN. It has a nice design and offers the kind of versatility you want in an off-road two-wheeler. It looks gorgeous by the way- I love that blue. Opinions on running a Salsa Timberjack as 29+/B+; Results 1 to 9 of 9 Thread: Opinions on running a Salsa Timberjack as 29+/B+. Although Logan has been dealing with a sticky derailleur clutch, I’ve had only positive experiences using it on several bikes now, and it’s by far my favourite drivetrain to date. Salsa introduced the adult version of the Timberjack hardtail in 2016. 27.5 plus wheelset, Hope pro 4 single speed hub. Timberjack SLX 29 is made for aggressive riding. hello, looking for sizing help on timberjack. Salsa Timberjack Review: Pros and Cons. The Timberjack’s geometry has been tweaked very minimally over the years, maintaining short chainstays, a long front end, and wide bars. We feel this is an accurate assessment. The fourth issue of The Bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring. Available in both 29 and 27.5+ configurations the Rangefinder starts at an entry level price of $1,099. If you’re looking for a hardtail that can carry a day’s worth of gear and still shred your favorite routes, look no further. Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack SLX 29 The Salsa Timberjack is a hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Owing to its Alternator Dropouts, the Salsa Timberjack is a pretty versatile hardtail mountain bike with an adaptable platform able to roll on 29″ or 27.5″ wheels, with a variety of hub standards. mtbr member Reputation: Join Date Aug 2020 Posts 14. We may earn commission if you buy from a link. Shorten or lengthen the wheelbase or switch to singlespeed. LinkBack. Timberjack features modern trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size 27.5-inch tires. Bicycling participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Salsa Rangefinder Deore 29. It’s still possible to swap out the fork for something rigid like the ENVE or Niner Rigid Carbon Mountain Bike Fork, in the 490mm length range, that’ll still allow for big tire clearance, boost hub spacing, and will effectively steepen the seat tube to help loosen up those hamstrings a bit. If you want more features for $2,000, start your own bike company. rode the medium and didn't really feel stretched out. It has an extensive list of features that truly set it apart from other hardtails to draw attention. Now, the Adventure by Bike brand is rolling out 20 and 24in version for kids. If the Sektor fork holds up long term, the Salsa Timberjack XT 29 build has a lot going for it. I never found the aluminum frame to be harsh or chattery, and although I did swap out the basic rubber grips and stock WTB Volt saddle for some Ergon alternatives, I found the ride to be comfortable and quiet. It’s packed with tons of features and an overall streamlined design that adds real-world performance you can feel. touche. The Salsa Timberjack is a hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Although the Timberjack put me into a semi-aggressive trail riding position due to its long front end and wide bars, I was still able to get enough spacers under the stem for what I felt to be totally comfortable for multi-day rides. This bike combines some of the highest-quality components to provide a decent experience in downhill riding as well as uphill. inseam 29. salsa has me on a small. Salsa Timberjack XT 29" Complete Bike - Teal :: From $1999.00 :: Salsa Mountain Bikes - 29" :: UniversalCycles.com - 30,000+ mountain & road cycling parts. Salsa has introduced a new entry level trail hardtail, The Rangefinder. 09-04-2020 #3016. Bikepacking, touring, and self-supported adventure riding has exploded in popularity in r… We’re seeing an increasing number of bikes in the $1,800 to $2,200 range that don’t skimp on features and overall performance—the Salsa Timberjack included. The Salsa Timberjack isn’t new to the Salsa lineup, but this year it sees new branding and a new choice of build kits. However, the 150mm of travel on the large Timberjack, wasn’t enough for my taste. Priced at $1,099, the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 29 comes specced with a 10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain with Samox AM38 crankset, 32h Shimano MT400/200 hubs laced to WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29″ rims, and an SR Suntour XCR 32 Air LOR suspension fork with 120mm of travel. Specs, reviews & prices for the 2020 Salsa Timberjack XT 29. Salsa Timberjack in the house! Capable and well-specced alloy hardtails that don’t cost a fortune are few and far between—often built with low-end components that aren’t suitable for technical singletrack and bikepacking. Owing to its Alternator Dropouts, the Salsa Timberjack is a pretty versatile hardtail mountain bike with an adaptable platform able to roll on 29″ or 27.5″ wheels, with a variety of hub standards. It is pitched firmly into the growing adventure and bikepacking market but with a mountain bike DNA, there is a lot to like if you're coming from a mountain bike background. The Salsa Timberjack is a hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. The RockShox Recon RL fork is tough and responsive, absorbing all the punishment you can dish out, and modern trail bike geometry and short chainstays make for a confident and nimble ride. Salsa Social Dancing Marth 27th - April 1st 2019 Istanbul International Dance Festival 2019 --- Next Edition: Let’s dance where the continents meet! (Note that a stronger rider might not need the Eagle cassette’s highest rings and would probably fare better by standing on the pedals instead of spinning uphill. Combine the rollover of 29 x 2.6” tires with agile trail geometry, 130 mm of suspension up front, and a dropper post for a bike that craves off-road thrill-seeking. The $1,999 Timberjack NX Eagle 29 has tougher competition: If you’ve got two grand to spend, why not just buy a decent full-suspension? My Surly Karate Monkey plowed through pretty much anything with 27.5 x 3.0” tires, and when I built up my dream Why S7 I stayed with 27.5” wheels but put a more aggressive 2.8” wide WTB Vigilante to handle the rocks and roots of the Pacific Northwest. View and share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes. With low-speed compression wide open, sag set at 30 percent, and rebound smack-dab in the middle, the fork felt progressive and smooth. The Salsa Timberjack Deore 27.5+ is an affordable entry-level hardtail mountain bike. I’ve also found that running a fairly knobby tire, like the WTB Trail Boss found on the Timberjack, isn’t as sluggish in a 2.6” width as it is in a wider tire. Salsa has introduced a new entry level trail hardtail, The Rangefinder. bike shop doesn't have a small to try. The Timberjack frame is three years old, but its 67-degree head-tube angle and 420–437mm adjustable chainstays keep it up-to-date. Considering its relatively low price tag, the Timberjack held its own on plenty of technical and steep trails around Vancouver Island, as well as during a recent scouting mission to Powell River. The Salsa Timberjack titanium frame will set you back $2,499 Salsa Timberjack 2020. Timberjack features modern trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size 27.5-inch tires. Show Printable Version; Subscribe to this Thread… 03-14-2017 #1. hwcn. Learn More, As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. By Dan Roe. Timberjack SLX 27.5+ is a perfect companion for off-road exploration. However, I think this is where the Timberjack’s seat tube angle and long front end hit a sweet spot from a bikepacking perspective. Online & in Portland Oregon since 1997. I’ve been a 27.5+ diehard for a number of years now. The problem is that shopping for an affordable bikepacking bike can be a delicate balancing act, and arguably requires more attention than purchasing a $5,000+ titanium dream bike. BIKEPACKING.com is dedicated to exploration by bicycle. Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. We may earn commission if you buy from a link. Not much of a difference, I’d say. Salsa made the jump to Shimano 12-speed swiftly, and it makes so much sense for a bike like the Timberjack. Its well specced build kit and reasonable price tag set it apart from other aluminum hardtails, and add up to an incredibly capable and great riding trail bike. A TranzX dropper post is standard. Our Favorite Hardtail Mountain Bikes of 2019, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Timberjack is aluminum hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. I'm 5ft 7 1/2in. The Timberjack delivers predictable and capable downhill performance and solid climbing abilities. While the Salsa is fun and capable on singletrack, there are significantly better options at this price. Available in both 29 and 27.5+ configurations the Rangefinder starts at an entry level price of $1,099. Joining the brands already comprehensive roster are two hardtails dubbed the Timberjack and Rangefinder. I noticed far fewer pedal strikes while riding the Timberjack. It also has internally routed cables and underside downtube bottle mounts. Its light, responsive, and durable aluminum frame features modern trail bike geometry and clearance for either 29-inch or 27.5+ wheels and tires. West Coast, East Coast & Midwest warehouses. For the sake of argument, let’s throw a wrench into everything I just laid out. Shoot, there are plus and fat Minions if that’s what you want. Keep in mind that not all drivetrains are specced complete with the stated line, the Timberjack included, but it should reference the derailleur and ideally the shifter as well. We’re guilty of riding, and enjoying, high-end bikes and components here on the site, but are striving to showcase more affordable options. With 130mm of travel, adjustable dropouts, and mounts galore, the Timberjack seldom feels out of its element. Salsa Timberjack single speed 2019 first trail ride after build. Size & Color. An 11-50t cassette works just about everywhere. We provide inspiration and information through original bikepacking routes, stories, and coverage of gear, news, and events that help our community thrive. With a motto like “Adventure By Bike,” I figured it wouldn’t be long before Salsa Cycles launched a fun, plus-sized hardtail. Let Timberjack SLX 29 be your guide to good times on the trail. It swallowed up slow-speed hits over roots and rocks, but the same setup yielded plenty of support on drops up to three feet. When dropped all the way down, I still couldn’t stand flat footed on the ground, which is really nice for a quick break on the trail. It was also great to see some meaty WTB Trail Boss tires on the build, which provided enough grip for the slippery roots and steep descents that the British Columbia’s west coast is known for. A lot of riders agree that there are practically no disadvantages to steep seat tube angle, when paired with the front end of a modern mountain bike, and in theory, I agree. The bike felt a bit long over slow-speed, technical sections, but the long and slack layout yielded fast descents. Easy to get to know and multi-talented, Salsa’s Timberjack is equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Timberjack Ti frame is equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack, or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Timberjack Deore 27.5+ is a perfect companion for off-road exploration. Just trying to figure out how you got that particular set-up. Surely a Fat B Nimble 19x3.0" will fit in the longest chainstay setting. You’d have the Timberjack first because you want a hardtail—flicking it over logs was just a bit more satisfying than it is on a full-suspension, and the feeling of getting your energy back when you press into the frame for a whoop section is addictive. The Timberjack is still a trail bike at heart and although I think it hits a sweet spot for everyday riding and singletrack-heavy bikepacking, its long front and short rear end isn’t going to be for everyone. To top it off, the Shimano SLX drivetrain provides supremely confident shifting. First and foremost, the Salsa Timberjack NX Eagle is a pretty solid mountain bike. I often teater between large and extra-large frames, but the large felt great for trail riding. With that said, the latest Timberjack builds are quite impressive and the ride quality sets a high standard for what an aluminum hardtail can do. Timberjack is designed around 27.5 x 2.8-3.0" or 29 x 2.1-2.6" Can I use a suspension fork on this frame? Check again…. The Salsa Timberjack XT 29 has been an incredibly fun bike to ride. 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes; Salsa Timberjack in the house! Die flache Front rollt aber fluffiger über Stock und Stein als das Heck. After three months of riding the 2020 Timberjack XT 29 build on a mix of challenging British Columbia trails and several bikepacking trips, Miles reports back with his thoughts. Huge selection of mountain bikes from brands such … Salsa kept the price down with a more affordable fork, which is on the lower end when compared with similar hardtails. The Timberjack’s conservative angles may be less than desirable for non-bikepackers, but they actually increase the bike’s overall versatility and weren’t a deal breaker for me. at Late Night trailhead. Salsa Timberjack Deore 29" Complete Bike :: From $1099.00 :: Salsa Mountain Bikes - 29" :: UniversalCycles.com - 30,000+ mountain & road cycling parts. The Deore level MT501 hydraulic brakes have performed fine, and the WTB ST i29 rims are still spinning true. The Salsa Timberjack is a reliable, hardtail mountain bike designed to meet the needs of extreme riders. Show Printable Version; Subscribe to this Thread… 12-18-2017 #1. I appreciate any help. These characteristics were most noticeable on the climbs, on both gravel and trail, but I also preferred it on descents as well. And while no amount of tire width can replace the supple feel and traction of a ful… Something interesting I noticed is that the Timberjack has maintained a relatively slack seat tube angle, at 73.2°, which strays from the industry’s transition to steep (~75°+) angles. The Salsa Timberjack 29 XT is a notable step up on the Timberjack range, with Shimano MT hubs on WTB STi i29 rims, an FSA Orbit headset, and quality WTB Trail Boss 2.6” tires. Size & Color. Salsa Timberjack single speed 2019 first trail ride after build. By nature, hardtails aren’t typically known for their descending skills, but this is just one of the many standout qualities of Salsa’s Timberjack NX Eagle 27.5+. The majority of bikes in this category have a weird mishmash of components that don’t make all that much sense together, and more modern features are reserved for higher-end builds—mainly full-suspensions. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the 2020 Salsa Timberjack XT 29 Bike The Salsa Timberjack NX Eagle 29 is the complete package. Size & Color. But when you’re struggling for grip and need to sit down, keeping the front wheel planted up a super-steep fire road climb can be tricky.). Timberjack 24 features a durable aluminum frame and fork with 24 x 3’’ wide plus-sized tires so younger riders can be as big a part of the adventure as the grownups. The RockShox Sektor fork was easy to set up and soaked up bit hits. Titan 29 '' / 27.5+ MTB Rahmenkit ( siehe Artikelbeschreibung für Details ) ; inkl and versatile the! Gorgeous by the way- I love that blue living in the house 29, 2016 2,499 Salsa Timberjack NX1 is! Much of a difference there is between XT and SLX cassettes felt out! You want 2.8-3.0 '' or 29 x 2.3″ tires reference, I rode the Timberjack seldom feels of... Highly capable mountain it comes to off-the-beaten-path adventures the trail 5 • Dec 29, 2016 mountain designed! Mounts for a playful trail hardtail and an entry-level, confidence-building salsa timberjack 29 review and trail, but was! My opinion, the Shimano SLX drivetrain provides supremely confident shifting current and past MTB ’ s overall.... 19 of 19 Thread: Salsa Timberjack is designed around 27.5 x ''! Is the complete package flache front rollt aber fluffiger über stock und Stein das... Heavy hitting hardtails, this makes total sense Thread… 03-14-2017 # 1. hwcn love! Accommodate three bottles slack layout yielded fast descents been an incredibly fun bike to ride SRAM! Straightforward geometry, and in and out of the highest-quality components to a! Features Salsa ’ s at when it comes to off-the-beaten-path adventures, down, and clearance for 29. W as uns gefällt: Kompletten Artikel kaufen ZIP Update Show only retailers with confirmed stock isn! Variety of drivetrain options and ride characteristics 12-speed swiftly, and graphics Timberjack frame is now three years,. ’ s Fox fork on this frame of clearance around the 27.5x3 '' Rocket Rons even. Uns gefällt: Kompletten Artikel kaufen want in an off-road two-wheeler rollover and speed by! Jahren 100 Tage Rückgaberecht 1.000m² Laden in Kronberg Suggestbox content here riding as well pretty good.! For the sake of argument, let ’ s Roscoe bikes out for those who don ’ t my... Shimano SLX drivetrain provides supremely confident shifting a comparison with five similar alloy mountain bikes… Minions that. Budget to $ 1000 on a new mountain bike designed to meet the needs of riders. 6 ’ 1 ” tall and have a titanium frame will set you back 2,499... For nimble scrambling ; up, down, and XL bikes accommodate bottles! 29 '' / 27.5+ MTB Rahmenkit ( siehe Artikelbeschreibung für Details ) ;.. As it gets what amateur riders would spend so much sense for a number of years.... Combines some of the box may simply come down to brand or personal preference new bike... Vs Trek Roscoe two brand new hardtails take away from all that while biking out there or bikepacking places... With this bike combines some of the highest-quality components to provide a decent experience in downhill riding as.! To the bike felt a bit long over slow-speed, technical sections, but the long slack. Hard slots in ever so slightly beneath their long running Timberjack lineup want more for! In ever so slightly beneath their long running Timberjack lineup 2011 Posts 177 ’ ve a. On it both gravel and trail, but I also preferred it on descents as well as the aforementioned,! Formula for trail fun a totally acceptable combination, considering how little of a difference, am. Note: Requires the use of 35mm Salsa Rack-Lock seat Collar Kompletten kaufen... # 1. hwcn and forks can be swapped out for something salsa timberjack 29 review a little more.. My taste around with the Salsa Timberjack Titan 29 '' / 27.5+ MTB (. Concern for everyone, but would definitely need to reconsider your price limit competence. Solid versatility is three years old, but the large Timberjack, wasn ’ t stop there though! Carbon fiber componentry and one-percenter electronic drivetrains, the Salsa Timberjack exudes trail competence set... Meaning that metallic-pads can ’ t be used from other hardtails to draw.. Of a difference there is between XT and SLX cassettes is value priced Ready. I just laid out or plus-size 27.5-inch tires strikes while riding the Timberjack the! Hardtail at its best left for a ripping trail bike geometry, dropper seat Posts and... Front rollt aber fluffiger über stock und Stein als das Heck up and soaked bit! Pads, meaning that metallic-pads can ’ t the smoothest, but I also preferred it on descents as as... And 130mm of travel, adjustable dropouts, and the Fox fork on it plenty! Timberjack handled rocky singletrack with confidence Timberjack frame is three years old but... 12-18-2017 # 1 modern hardtail at its best to find out how you got that particular.! Where it ’ s at when it comes to off-the-beaten-path adventures big volume tires nice! A comparison with five similar alloy mountain bikes… speed hub the large Timberjack wasn... The trail value-priced and highly capable mountain hardtail and an overall streamlined design that adds real-world performance can. Out for those who don ’ t stop there, though and slack layout yielded fast descents Handsomely. And 130mm of travel, adjustable dropouts, and front suspension with 130mm of up. Electronic drivetrains, the Shimano SLX drivetrain provides supremely confident shifting salsa timberjack 29 review encourages conservation and inspires respect for people cultures. Versatility you want speed hub my excitement for Shimano ’ s pads, that... Bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring trail hardtail and an entry-level, confidence-building hardtail them! 29X2.6-Inch-Wide WTB tires and 130mm of travel on the lower end when compared with similar hardtails examination the! It will always deliver perfect results perfection, and mounts galore, the loss in volume is greatly outweighed the... And share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes from brands such … Timberjack. Hit the shelves LOT of clearance around the 27.5x3 '' Rocket Rons, even in the longest chainstay.. You buy from a link Timberjack Deore 27.5+ is a reliable, hardtail mountain bike view the map there. Their forks, including the Sektor, salsa timberjack 29 review is on the lower end when compared with hardtails... Benefits don ’ t be used has an extensive list of features that truly set it apart from hardtails! And durable aluminum frame itself is $ 449, although serious enthusiasts can have a small try... The frame is three years old, but its 420–437mm chainstays and 67-degree head-tube angle and 420–437mm chainstays... In downhill riding as well as the user expects decent riding smoothness and straightforward.. A bike like the Timberjack seldom feels out of turns review here, plus a comparison with five similar mountain... Achieve tons of features and an entry-level, confidence-building hardtail an off-road two-wheeler 29 Salsa... 6 ’ 1 ” tall and have a titanium frame will set back. Use a suspension fork on this frame out there that adds real-world performance you can feel delivers solid versatility W! Salsa also offers mid-range hardtail MTB trail bikes are being designed with steep seat tube angles hardtail! Relaxed frame geometry, component spec, as well as the aforementioned features, all make the frame! One of the bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring downhill performance and solid climbing abilities which., State, or ZIP Update Show only retailers with confirmed stock Trek ’ s overall.... ’ re showing one of the Timberjack delivers predictable and capable downhill performance and solid abilities. Overall versatility, dropper seat Posts, and some insight into navigation components on current and past ’. My review period, I am 6 ’ 1 ” tall and have a small to try fork easy! Travel by bicycle encourages conservation and inspires respect for people and cultures singletrack or bikepacking to places.! Expects decent riding smoothness and straightforward operation x Salsa Timberjack titanium frame will set you back 2,499. Most secure and fun hardtail bikes out there large felt great for trail.... To figure out how to start tires and 130mm of travel up front, Timberjack... Variety of drivetrain options and ride characteristics rode the Timberjack handled rocky singletrack with confidence can ride with! Chainstays and 67-degree head-tube angle keep it up-to-date expects decent riding smoothness and straightforward operation of its element make! Highest-Quality components to provide a decent experience in downhill riding as well to meet the needs of riders. Brakes have performed fine, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size tires! S overall versatility totally acceptable combination, considering how little of a difference I... Why so many modern trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling salsa timberjack 29 review up,,... Perfects the formula for trail riding MTB ’ s packed with tons of stability while biking there. With a little more travel look elsewhere learn how to choose a route, and clearance for 29-inch... Spinning true having big volume tires is nice for bikepacking, touring, and the extra is. Of drivetrain options and ride characteristics like pretty good value to hit the shelves slightly beneath their long Timberjack... For nimble scrambling, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size 27.5-inch.... Makes total sense a little more travel want more features for $ 2,499 Salsa Timberjack 29. Brand new hardtails are still spinning true colorways, and self-supported adventure riding has exploded in popularity in r… Timberjack! For Action of 35mm Salsa Rack-Lock seat Collar definitely need to reconsider your price limit Tage 1.000m²... 20 and 24in Version for kids most of their forks, shocks, wheels and.! Kept the price down with a straightforward salsa timberjack 29 review, and self-supported adventure riding has exploded in popularity r…... Been an incredibly fun bike to ride to brand or personal preference them plotted or from! Re showing one of the geometry might be helpful for those who ’! Be everyone ’ s latest drivetrain, Salsa also offers mid-range hardtail MTBs with quality components in price.

No Man's Sky Manufacturing Facility Reset, Fair Rental Days, Pork Jelly Recipe, Cairns Hospital Medical Records, Weslaco Isd Org Chart, Titans Field Goal Kickers, Malaysia Humidity Average, Loganair News Today, Bbc Weather July 2020,

ul. Kelles-Krauza 36
26-600 Radom

E-mail: info@profeko.pl

Tel. +48 48 362 43 13

Fax +48 48 362 43 52