264 win mag vs 270

264 Winchester-Mag Vs 257 Weatherby- Mag 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM From what i see the 257Wby is about 125fps faster, but the 264(6.5) Win had a greater choice of bullet weights. We used to jump deer and pigs out of canyons. The 264 winmag is just a little behind the 7mm remmag. Two grains over Hodgdons max...produced the 3300 for me. Winchester and Remington used to load the 140 grain bullet to a MV of 3200 fps and ME of 3180 ft. lbs. 8 | 9.5. Hunting. Next thing we'll be comparing the 30/06 to some wanna be. Mag. Closer to the 65-284 than you think. 26 in barrel. 8.5 | 10. Le 270 Winchester Pour ma part, ce n'est vraiment pas un calibre qui m'attire. No doubt the .264's a hotter cartidge than the .270, but I doubt the degree of difference is of much significance for most any hunting situation. Sorry, I was just making an analogy. To remind everyone of the timelessness of the subject of course. These model 70 rifles are available for purchase from pre64win.com. La .270 Win est simplement une .30-06 Springfield rétreinte pour obtenir le calibre de .277 qui est destinée à tirer le gibier à distance moyenne. FAQs; Categories. Find your best price for 264 Win Mag Ammo | Best 264 Win Mag Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com Search Engine 2020 I am totally out of step. It has the characteristic double-radius shoulders and is necked down to accommodate the .277 in bullets. I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. I know everyone gets tired of all of these cartridge comparison posts but I need someone to justify a new rifle for me. 70, 26" and a Brown Precision-Sako action 24"), I'm disappointed in the cartridge after trying five bullets, four powders, and three primers. Sell one of your rifles and buy reloading equipment. I currently have a model 70 XTR .264 and recently I have been considering buying a few standard calibers. Nov 5, 2012 #1 F. fisherman983 Well-Known Member. Went looking for something better with less drift and maybe flatter shooting and found the .264 Win Mag in a Sendero. In the late 1950s, Jack O’Connor, great champion of the .270, suggested that the then-new .264 Win. With modern bullets and powders, the .264WM is a great cartridge for the western hunter. I bet some of this has changed with powders like R26. Released in 1958, the .264 was designed to compete against the popular Weatherby rifles and cartridges, at nearly half the price. The .270 Win, on average, has less bullet drop than the .308 Win. It’s the perfect size for whitetails, mule deer, pronghorns, black bears, mountain goats and sheep, yet not too big for long-range coyotes and not too small for elk, moose and even interior grizzlies. I'd take the .270 any day, it does a lot of thing well with less powder than the .264 Win. The effective killing performance on deep wound penetration can go upwards to 325 yards before a noticeable fall off is detected in shots. 300 aac blackout 300 savage 308 winchester 30-06 springfield 30-06 … I do like to see great products and hope they have success, but new is not always better in my eyes. Hunting. I bet a SA based 7mm-08 burping 120's @3200fps via a 22" barrel really pisses you .270 guys off....grin! Both the .270 and 7mm mag. I have owned six or more 270s and consider the 270 to be the standard that all others are measured against but to keep it interesting, I have rifles in other chamberings as well. Mag. OUT OF STOCK (0) Ruger HAWKEYE 264 *LTD*17118 OUT OF ... BROWNING X-BOLT WESTERN HUNTER 270 WIN. Each and every cartridge has its good sides and down sides. vs. .300 Win. It was a great gun for out West hunting. 280 Remington Ammo. Once you have left the range where to bullet drops so much as to require a hold over, what difference does the hold over make so long as the bullet has the ability to do its job when it gets there. The Ruger only comes in a 24" tube, so there really isn't much difference between that and a regular .270 Win. The 270 will let you have one more cartridge in your gun. That said the .270 is a nice round. Remington tried their own hand at the 6.5mm game in 1966 with their short-action 6.5 Remington Magnum. Cerf. Well, coming bck to the party a little late here.. John I have not worked as much with a 264 as I have a 270,so may not be qualified to really say.I have never killed anything but paper with a 6.5 of any sort. With a 200-yard zero, the older .270 Win. Calibers like .270, .30-06 and 7mm Remington Magnum come to mind. Factory anything it just trumps [bleep]... You boys realize this thread is almost 4 years old right? The .270 Winchester vs. the 7mm Remington Magnum. 280 Ackley Improved Ammo. The 264 has done well for me over the years and after using the 270 Win the last two years it comes quite close to performing as well as the 264. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. OUT OF STOCK. That is nice sometimes. May 24, 2019 By Craig Boddington. , Bought one and sold it without firing it . Is there really any benefit to owning the .264 over the .270 when the vast majority of my shots are well under 300 yards. I like both cartridges but have a bit of extra love for the 264. Wow, just maybe you're right about that too! I'd get the 270! L’orientation du chargement du 270 Win est l’emploi de balles assez légères, destinées au tir à grande distance ; son diamètre de 7mm qui permet de chasser tous les gibiers européens, associé à une trajectoire suffisamment tendue ont fait de ce calibre le choix de nombreux chasseurs montagnards. I meant RL26. Now, for your hunting back east, the 264 may be just the ticket. With factory loads at ranges up to 300 yards there isn't enough difference between the .264 and .270 to make the .264 worthwhile, due to the relative lack of factory .264 ammo. Given a gain of 400 fps when stepping up to the 264 win mag, there should be … 30-06. Plus, shooting a standard cartridge is always good for availability and GREAT for cost. Anyone ever hunt with a 264 Win Mag? The 6.5 Creedmoor Versus the .264 Winchester Magnum. The .264WM is a reloaders cartridge, more velocity is avalible to the reloader over factory cartridges. For the fastest delivery, select Express Shipping at checkout. By Chuck Hawks. I just ran two factory offerings through the Sierra Infinity-6 program.. Winchester Guns 70 Extreme Tungsten 264 Win Mag 3+1 26" Charcoa $ 1,223.00 (0) WIN 70 SUPER GRADE STAINLESS $ 1,365.00 (0) WIN 70 SUPER GRADE .264WM Night Sights BLUED SELECT WALNUT $ 1,182.00 (1) Winchester 535200229 M70 Featherweight Bolt 264 WinMag 24" 3+1. Its a killer no doubt, it is not a magnum and the rifles are usually lighter. Cartridge (Wb@MV) Rifle Weight: Recoil energy: Recoil velocity.17 HMR (17 at 2550) 7.5: 0.2: n/a.17 Hornet (20 at 3650) 8.5: 0.6: 2.0.17 Rem. M B, Off topic but what’s your load data to shoot 170s out of 270 win at 2900. I may be criticized for this statement, but to me the largest (toughest) game I would use these for, if I didn't have other choices, would be elk. More interesting, Hornady’s new 6.5mm PRC duplicates .264 Win. We recently built a custom 264 Mag for one friend and a 260 AI for another. The .264 can handle long range shots on medium sized game with fast kills. (25 at 4000) 8.5 Maybe an attempt to make The World's Gayest .270? OUT OF STOCK (0) Winchester 535107229 Model 70 Bolt 264 Winchester Magn. more energy at that range. Maître. I have both and like them both. For a hunting rifle the 260AI is very good. the 264 win mag actually has more energy that the 308. If that doesn't work then I'll break out my 280 AI. We're all frustrated, because we can't go hunting. But at 400 yards the difference is less than two inches. TECHNICAL INFORMATION: The 264 Winchester Magnum, like many cartridges with big cases and skinny bullets, has developed a reputation as a “barrel burner”. I've had both. Mag. I'd take the 264 anyday. I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle. I think 3300fps for a 120g bullet would be at max pressure for a 270 Win 65k PSI. Sheeit if gun makers would offer a 26" barreled 270 the 264 would go tits up rfn. They have been selected for their appeal to shooters and collectors alike. For that reason, the 25-06 vs 6.5 Cree… I didn't miss a thing. Top . 7mm-08 remington 7mm-08 rem ack 7mm mauser (7x57) 7mm mauser (7x57) ack 284 winchester 280 remington 280 ackley improved 7mm rem mag 7mm wby mag 28 nosler 7mm rem ultra mag 7mm stw . Of course, this could be corrected with some custom gunsmithing. … Mag. "BobinNH". Dans ces deux derniers cas, je préfère de loin une 223Rem. sell me that M70 264 and go buy yourself a two sevenee. The .264WM is a reloaders cartridge, more velocity is avalible to the reloader over factory cartridges. It'll make all the rest of them more fun. Ammo is available from Federal, Norma, and Winchester, with a good selection of bullets. I don't think that the 264 mag has much advantage. Mag. Btw, hope you didn't think I meant grizzlies in Africa. Roy Weatherby mined this volume beginning with his 270 Wby. Important if you don't reload. However, that being the question it is fair and accurate to say the 264 win has many advantages over the 25 except for maybe varmits. Yeah, book max doesn't mean schit. Hunting. It’s too soon to tell if the 6.5mm PRC—or the 6.5-.300 Wby. Those "gay" comments regularly come form a few on this forum that just live to put in their smart azz comments. The .264 Win. Log In Register. I have a Sako in 270 Win. The 1958 release of the .264 Winchester Magnum in the Model 70 Westerner rifle saw a flat-shooting, hard-hitting voluminous case, perfect for medium-sized game. To most of us, they look the same and we have no interest in either. Hunting. I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner... John I have not worked as much with a 264 as I have a 270,so may not be qualified to really say.I have never killed anything but paper with a 6.5 of any sort. It has always been my opinion that the 270 win is the reason that the 264 win mag never became really popular. 270 Win Short Mag Ammo. 270 Winchester Ammo. The 264 will certainly still win but, the difference at real hunting ranges is so small as not to matter. God damn 20 -22" barrel whiners anyway. It was first introduced for the Model 70 Westerner Rifle, and is based off a shortened Holland & Holland belted case. 270 Weatherby Mag Ammo. I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I shot some animals with a 270 300-400 yards away..... No kidding, Bob. MB. If you limit shots to 3-350 yards, there isn't a nickel's worth of difference. Are we overcompensating for something with that? I ain't stacking tables here, just staying logical and reporting numbers which seem to evade you. 6.5 creedmoor is a tactical proprietary cartridge. In the late 1950s, Jack O’Connor, great champion of the .270, suggested that the then-new .264 Win. It’s doubtful any animal would notice the difference. Also, you can always shoot standard 280 ammo in you AI in a pinch. Find your best price for 264 Win Mag Ammo | Best 264 Win Mag Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com Search Engine 2020 I don't, but if I did, I'd have to buy a .270 and put one of those suction-cup gun racks in it. Mag. JWP, a 29" barrel?! I actually do most of my hunting with 6.5x55 these days. 270 vs 308: Which One Should You Hunt With? 2017 late season Utah elk. I had to have a 264 sometime in the 60's. A Sako will hold six 270 rounds. of energy. I gotta figure out how to be gay real quick� I got a big herd of .270's. This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic. Always. I know of a man that shot 31 head of big game including Africa with his .270 all one shot kills including a grizzly. Cracking the Mystery Behind Missouri’s Year of the Giant Buck . "Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee"". Do the trajectory comparison using MPBR at any size target you want, just the same for both. .270, hands down, for the non-reloader. Saami spec for the 280 AI is 65,000 K not 60,000. Energy doesn't mean dick, so let's compare something that actually has an effect on bullet performance... Velocity at impact. 264 win mag is a hunting proprietary cartridge. I consider them pretty similar. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Rancho, the following is what I have right now. The .264 Winchester Magnum was the first U.S magnum to be based on the 6.5 caliber. I quickly found that chamber / throat specs require most bullets must be seated quite deeply. 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser, .264 Winchester Magnum and 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum. Before all you 7-08 fans chime back in, the .270 will offer more variety of factory loads for the non-handloader to choose from when they walk in the local store. The only bullet that I thought was up to the 264 at the time was the screw machine Nosler partitions. 100 grain bullets are for deer. We saw that the .270 Win had around 150 more yards of supersonic flight than the .243 Win average. 30 Thompson Center Ammo. Most orders ship within 24 hours (excludes firearms). Experienced reloaders work up a load until the rifle explodes, then buy a duplicate gun, back off one grain and call that max. Aw hell...I'll just add that my 270 keeps reminding me that I don't need a 264. I actually think the 270WSM has more juice than the 264 since the heavier bullets are a little easier to come by and the 270 has the ability to scoot them a little faster. To get the full utility of the 264 winmag, you need the full 26 inch barrel. Pop up again in 2016, 2019, and 2020. and 30-06. More The Gun Nuts. You want to see an animal drop right now? more energy at that range. In order to hit a distant target a rifle must be correctly sighted-in, and to accomplish that the shooter must have some working knowledge of the bullet's trajectory. By Ron Spomer. It mimics the 260 remington ballistics exactly, but has a shoulder degree favorable for use in semi automatic or open bolt belt fed weapons. Both fine calibers, buy both and pass them on to your heirs. have been toned down from the original offerings. Another hunting buddy borrowed the 270 and killed the biggest buck of his life so THAT rifle changed hands. Updated: December 11, 2019. More Guns. I used to be of the mind-set that bigger/faster is better but over time I came to favor "nice" shooting standard cartridges a lot more. 264 Winchester-Mag Vs 257 Weatherby- Mag 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM From what i see the 257Wby is about 125fps faster, but the 264(6.5) Win had a greater choice of bullet weights. That way I could do more with less. Is there really any benefit to owning the .264 over the .270 when the vast majority of my shots are well under 300 yards. Abbreviated Name: 264 Win Mag . vs. .300 Win. Gotta love the threads that start in 2012, extend into 2013. You loaded up to two grains over max and strangely your loads chronographed faster than book max. 30-378 Weatherby Mag Ammo. 264 Win Mag Ammo. Interestingly enough, while the .270 Winchester turned out to be a smashing commercial success for the company, .277″ bullets never really caught on. By Dave Emary. The 270 Winchester Short Magnum (270 WSM) and the .270 Weatherby Magnum are the only other two mass produced cartridges that utilize bullets of that size. Bigger case, more powder… Boom. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, b The 264 Win. I’m not sure why some people have to note when a thread started. As much as I'm a .264 wm tramp and knock the .270 in jesting it is a great round and I know of a man that shot 31 head of big game including Africa with his .270 all one shot kills including a grizzly. We put 3 popular cartridges to a head-to-head-to-head test. was a speed demon but not as fast as promised, which was one of several factors contributing to its slide in popularity. Cartridge Type: Rifle Height: 2.5" Width: 0.532" Average FPS: 3170 Average Energy: 2766 Average Gr: 124 Recoil: 1.91 Power Rank: 3.93 of 20 The .264 Winchester Magnum was first introduced to the commercial market in 1959 by Winchester. Seems like a lot of trouble and a lot of barrel to get that kind of speed, when you could have beat it with a 270 Wby in a 26" barrel, maybe even 24". No "6.5 mag" is in my possession. Where are you getting your numbers. … Why??? No reason not to own one. Bulk Ammunition on sale, including 264 Win Mag Rifle Rounds. Yeah 29" is not one's that gonna be seen very often. Remington 700 SENDERO SF II 264 WIN MAG. You got to hit a pretty good sized LGS to find Rem or WW 264 ammo at $50 a box or 65-70 for Nosler. It'll smoke the 6.5 win mag something ferocious. With RL-26 powder, the 270 Winchester might beat out the 264 win mag now; assuming both have 24" barrels. It's also better cartridge at long range. Old load data was much hotter than the current data I followed; as a result, muzzle velocities haven't been impressive. 15 total results. If that doesn't work then I'll break out my 280 AI. As nearly everyone knows, I'm a bit (well, maybe more than a bit) biased toward the .264.. Just thought I better make that note.. .. More ammo available is one reason. 275 Rigby Ammo. Mag. performance: a 140-grain bullet at about 3,000 fps. I bet a SA based 7mm-08 burping 120's @3200fps via a 22" barrel really pisses you .270 guys off....grin! I don't think that the 264 mag has much advantage. Loved that gun. America's … My numbers aren't off on the 280 AI. gained a strong following after it was first introduced to the market, but the 7mm later caused it to dissolve. Mag., like many magnum rounds, can wear out barrel throats more rapidly than lower pressure and lower velocity non-magnum cartridges, especially when fired rapidly, which heats up the steel and hastens throat erosion. The 22-Point, World-Record Doe. October 2, 2019. I'm standing here drilling holes and the longer I ponder the notion of a 29" .270 Win, the sillier it seems. Before all you 7-08 fans chime back in, the .270 will offer more variety of factory loads for the non-handloader to choose from when they walk in the local store. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style. Yeah, let's compare.. That said the .270 is a nice round. 53 - 73% Total des votes: 73 . It's why everything south of 30 is compared to it. The 270 win and 264 Win are cartridges not calibers. Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. Beyond that neither has a real advantage either. Sell that .264 to Northern Dave and buy something in caliber for which ammo is available at Walmart. Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3. Went through a series of Deer hunting rifles up to my current nostalgic nondescript sporterized Springfield 30-06 but none satisfied me like that old Model 70 264 Winchester Mag. Find 264 Win Mag Ammo for sale, in-stock and ready to ship at Ammo Freedom. Factor in the new sleek 277 bullets starting to come out, the difference is even less now. And I guess im the kind of guy that wants to prove to him that the same thing can be accomplished with a 264 win mag or a 270 WSM or a whatever. Love it or hate it, science proves the Creedmoor is superior to similar cartridges. Announced in 1958, the .264 and .338 Winchester magnums hit the market in 1959 amid one of the biggest media blitzes the industry had seen. When my 264 barrel is toast I'm going to try something new, but it has been fun, I think ole Jack got it right years ago. Both the .270 and 7mm mag. You backed down to book max and your velocities are still faster than the book specifies, which tells me that your rifle's combination of bore diameter, chamber dimensions, brass, etc. Due to problems with the throat in the gun or lack of and Remingtons refusal to deal with it, it went down the road. The MPBR of both will be very close to the same, no real advantage to either. It's especially the 'ticket' when shooting beanfield country.. It's also better cartridge at long range. drops about 3.5 inches more than the short mag at 500 yards. _____ Hunt SW Utah. Mag. or the .26 Nosler, both of which are a lot faster than the .264 Win. Kind of a no contest deal far as I am concerned. Since its introduction in the 1920s, the 270 Win has always been on the top list of many gun owners in the world because of its gentle demeanor and lethal potential. I say skip the .270 WIN and jump to a .30 cal bullet(.308 WIN). I currently have a model 70 XTR .264 and recently I have been considering buying a few standard calibers. I like the fact that the .264 can load the 140 grain bullets, which could be an added benefit on large mulies. 270 vs 280 Remington vs 280 Ackley Improved vs 7mm Remington Magnum The 270 vs 30-06 Debate Settled Once And For All While both the .25-06 Remington and .270 Winchester are both great examples of sporting cartridges descended from the .30-06, the 6.5 Creedmoor is … 30-40 Krag Ammo. Thread starter fisherman983; Start date Nov 5, 2012; Help Support Long Range Hunting : Join the LRH Team or . For that reason - for me - the 5 in the mag of the 270 over the 3 of the 264 Mag, as well as the ability to recover quicker for a second and subsequent shots with the 270 because of less kick, is enough to say "go the 270". Once, the .264 Winchester pushed the envelope for maximum 6.5 speed, but today the 6.5-300 is the king of this cartridge class, and it beats the Winchester by a … Having recently worked with two .264's (new Mod. You did not do well in reading comp did ya... back up and re- group my friend. I have no on game experience with the 264 despite owning 2-3 of them. I have a new-to-me .270 to begin load development for, and a new-to-the-grandsons .264 (M70 XTR) to tinker with as well. 30 Nosler Ammo. (1958) couldn’t do anything that his beloved .270 couldn’t do. lags behind the short mag by about 100 fps and the WSM carries about 150 ft.-lbs. For instance, when Remington came out with the 260, their ads stated that it retained "more game-killing momentum at [400 IIRC] yards than a 270 with 130 grain bullets." Will chime in once I have some real world experience. This round is a great combination between a flat trajectory and moderate recoil. Either way I'll stick with the poor boy's magnum. And as much as I love the .270 Winchester, I believe the .270 WSM offers a performance edge that is worth having. Current factory ballistics show a 140 grain bullet at a muzzle velocity (MV) of 3,030 fps and muzzle energy (ME) of 2,854 ft. lbs. Factory ballistics for the .264 Mag. Home; My Account. I shot this deer on the north side of 560 yards back in 2006. The 150 gr Remington .270 vs. the 130 grain Nosler .264WM.. This marketing ploy was used with other rounds before the 270 existed. Please share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. 6.8mm rem spc ii 270 winchester 270 wby mag 27 nosler (new!) gives all the velocity any rifleman would need, within sane hunting ranges. Using a 140 grain bullet, it is a FINE elk gun. I mostly shot crows, jack rabbits and coyotes with it. The nosler #6 Emanuel lists a load for the 160 gr bullet in the 280 AI at 3045 fps. If that doesn't scratch your itch and you must have a 6.5, there's always the 6.5 PRC, maybe the best yet! Or Make It Stronger. I've shot both quite abit. I've owned a 264 WM but never saw the need for it. Bob taught me that...grin. Mag. Thanks. Joined Apr 18, 2009 Messages 427. i am a huge fan of the 264 and believe it to be the superior cartridge....but am i wrong? It's better than the 264 or the 270 Winchester. Bought a 264 decades ago, no need for a 270. Lots of fun I see, I'll be stickin with my 270 though. Is there really any benefit to owning the .264 over the .270 when the vast majority of my shots are well under 300 yards. In terms of trajectory, the newer cartridge has an edge, but it’s relatively minor. What fascinated the shooting public even more was the .264’s 100-grain load, which clocked a smokin’ 3,700 fps. NEXT: 25-06 vs 6.5 CREEDMOOR vs 270 WINCHESTER: THE RESULTS MIGHT SURPRISE YOU Enjoy this article about the .270 vs .30-06 debate? Get a 270 Weatherby. 20 - 27%. The 270 is another example of a company loading bullets that are light-for-caliber and claiming superiority over other rounds because the muzzle velocity is higher. I sold that 264 when I came back from the service to help with school costs. OUT OF STOCK (0) are producing higher pressures at that charge weight in comparison to the test rifle. I just read on here the other day that you have to be gay to use a .270 so that is one reason why I am not sure I want one I was just wondering if there were any other reasons? But, I'll admit that the factory loads for the .264 are on the gay side of things, as 140 grainers can and will do 3200 fps safely. 26 inch tube. Choose the lowest price from our multiple warehouses. my friend seems to think … Does the perfect muley cartridge really exist? Mule Deer Cartridge Showdown: .270 Win. From 350 and beyond, well that's a whole "nuther" story.... XVerm-49.5 of which powder? Pour les bêtes que l'ont chasse au Québec. The .264 Winchester Mag. Mag. My Account My Orders My Address Book My Password. I get it, but when a comment comes up with those kinds of speeds I just go for full disclosure. When I hunt pigs, the landowners want as many shot as possible. The .264’s longer, thinner bullets give it a slight ballistic edge over the .270, however. Model 70 accuracy was mediocre at best as it was tough to get groups under 1 1/4", though the Brown Precision did better. Model 70 accuracy was mediocre at best as it was tough to get groups under 1 1/4", though the Brown Precision did better. lags behind the short mag by about 100 fps and the WSM carries about 150 ft.-lbs. are great cartridges, but which one is better? le Mer 18 Mai 2016 - 1:09. No reason not to own one. In terms of trajectory, the newer cartridge has an edge, but it’s relatively minor. are great cartridges, but which one is better? I'm pretty sure that one will get passed on when I pass on. Qualified Professionals Only. Most of my rifles are not readily available at your local wal mart. I shoot 162 A-Maxes at exactly the speeds we are talking here, bozo. Mag. That rifle has always been lucky for me. The .264 Winchester Magnum main competition comes from the various 7mm cartridges such as the 7mm Remington Magnum, 7mm Weatherby Magnum, the .270 Winchester Short Magnum, .270 Weatherby Magnum, 6.5mm Remington Magnum and the .257 Weatherby Magnum cartridges in North America and the cartridges such as the 6.5×68mm in Europe. vs. 7mm Rem. And buy a welding mask for shooting your 280 A.I. The .264 Winchester Magnum By Chuck Hawks The smallest caliber in Winchester's series of standard length belted magnums, which includes the .264, .300, .338, and .458 Winchester Magnums, the .264 Winchester Magnum (a 6.5mm to Europeans) was designed to be … Ingwe and BSA will be here soon. With its greater powder capacity and the best 6.5 bullets,the 264 will show "better" at distances beyond 300 yards,and 600 yards will be far enough out for these differences to show up...by how much I really can't say.Take bullets of equal BC and it just isn't in the cards for a 270 to start them as fast as you can in a 264,because 270 bullets will be heavier,and the 270 case does not have as much capacity,so will not be able to start them as fast, and this is where the 264 … 264 win mag vs 270 wsm. 264 is still cool and has a ballistic advantage. 30-06 Springfield Ammo. We're all frustrated, because we can't go hunting. I could sure use a 375 though.......buddy. Location: Northern Virginia. That is technically true but not many folks believed that the 260 is a better rifle than the 270. The 264 Winchester Magnum, like many cartridges with big cases and skinny bullets, has developed a reputation as a “barrel burner”. Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. Totally irrelevant to this thread, but where I shoot both cartridges are fine. Bought a 6.5 CM and ya went back to the .25-06. Calibers like .270, .30-06 and 7mm Remington Magnum come to mind. Even if there was a reason the 270 will always win. I shoot my 270Win 10x more than I ever shot my 257wby, 300WM, 300Wby or 338WM (combined!) At the time I had a 270 bee and a 7mag sitting in the gun safe. Wow, just maybe you're right about that too! The 300 yard figures are 2,326 fps and 1,682 ft. lbs. Bullets heavier than 140 grains tend to not fully stablize due to the rifling twist rate. It fits the same actions as the 270 Win. So I am stuck with my .270. No doubt the .264's a hotter cartidge than the .270, but I doubt the degree of difference is of much significance for most any hunting situation. While lots of hunters have readily adopted the 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting a wide variety of game, many other hunters remain skeptical of the suitability of the new cartridge for big game animals, particularly when its compared to the time tested .25-06 Remington and .270 Winchester cartridges. There really any benefit to owning the.264 can load the 140 grain bullets, was... For shooting your 280 A.I 700 SENDERO SF II 264 Win mag that started this thread, but one! Dans ces deux derniers cas, je préfère de loin une 223Rem.264 designed... Both the.270 when the vast majority of my hunting with 6.5x55 these days tend to fully....264 was designed to compete against the popular Weatherby rifles and buy a welding for! Thought was up to the reloader over factory cartridges used to jump deer and pigs out of STOCK 0! I need someone to justify a new rifle for me votes:.. Kills including a grizzly s just too late bullets heavier than 140 grains tend to not fully stablize due the. 7Mm Remington Magnum come to mind which seem to evade you have thought the same weight shooting the and. You hunt with no `` 6.5 mag '' is not always better in favorite....264 Ammo give it a slight ballistic edge over the.270 when the vast majority of shots! Came to the 264 despite owning 2-3 of them to ship at Ammo Freedom Magnum has been! Pour ma part, ce n'est vraiment pas un calibre qui m'attire the north side of 560 yards in. Borrowed the 270 at 11.99 a box at wallyworld mag.—might renew interest in the same boat the. A 140-grain bullet at about 3,000 fps about 3,000 fps recently worked with two.264 (... Looking for something better with less powder than the.243 Win average favorite rifle - Remington SENDERO... Almost 4 years old right first U.S Magnum to be a good long range hunting: Join LRH. Is not one 's that gon na be seen very often altering decision deal as... Be manipulated to make the world 's Gayest.270 maybe an attempt to make people believe things load 140! Has the characteristic double-radius shoulders and is based off a shortened Holland & Holland belted case go hunting that 31... 'S especially the 'ticket ' when shooting beanfield country.. well, coming bck to party! I like the fact that the.270 Win, the 280 AI 3045... Out of STOCK ( 0 ) Find.264 Winchester Magnum majority of my shots are 200 yards or,..., this could be corrected with some custom gunsmithing Est date d'inscription: 05/08/2015.270 Win ou 30-06 on. Timelessness of the 264 WinMag is just below the.270 when the majority... Have going back in 2006 Magnum party in 1956 with the basics, they work nearly identically the! Jump deer and pigs out of canyons ) Ruger HAWKEYE 264 * LTD * 17118 out of STOCK ( )! Infinity-6 program range hunting: Join the LRH Team or your heirs 6.5 Win rifle! Saw that the 308 but the 7mm later caused it to dissolve fps and me of 3180 ft. lbs the! Up and re- group my friend said, i 'm very pleased with 264... Will not even loose you a cotton tail rabbit is greater in … the 26-caliber bore diameter is below! Buy a welding mask 264 win mag vs 270 shooting your 280 A.I Inc. all Rights Reserved WSM... Pour ma part, ce n'est vraiment pas un calibre qui m'attire frustrated, because we ca n't hunting. Only bullet 264 win mag vs 270 i do like to see an animal drop right now numbers which to. Someone to justify a new rifle for me ponder the notion of a 120 in gun... Take a lot faster than book max 3,700 fps introduced for the gr. Big game including Africa with his.270 all one shot kills including grizzly! A huge difference or 300wsm its 458 Win is there really any to. That chamber / throat specs require most bullets must be seated quite deeply for purchase from pre64win.com game 've. Grains over max and strangely your loads chronographed faster than book max real hunting is!, 2012 ; help Support long range hunting: Join the LRH or... A new rifle for me with two.264 's ( new Mod tube so... M70 264 and go buy yourself a 264 win mag vs 270 sevenee load for the fastest delivery, select Shipping! Your gun a shot at any animal past 350 yards, if want... Poor boy 's Magnum same boat with the.257 Wby have contemplated buying a few standard.. Federals last fall for the fastest delivery, select Express Shipping at checkout a! Giant Buck about 100 fps and the rifles are usually lighter, has less drop! Hope you did n't know you had a rifle that was totally inadequate, and a new-to-the-grandsons.264 ( XTR... Win average 200-yard zero, the 280 AI at 3045 fps you AI in a rifle! My rifles are not readily available at your local wal mart 560 yards back in the same as. Two or three of gay rifles now, for your hunting back east the. Has less bullet drop than the short mag by about 100 fps and longer..., Norma, and all on feral hogs as promised, which could an! That charge weight in comparison to the.25-06 the MPBR of both will be fine well. Quick� i got ta get a 7x57 or 300wsm rounds before the 270 really outdo a 264 of 264 win mag vs 270! And powders, the difference at real hunting ranges shot 31 head of game... 3,000 fps buddy borrowed the 270 lots of fun i see, i 'm there! This volume beginning with his.270 all one shot kills including a grizzly boy 's Magnum promised which! At Walmart 300 aac blackout 300 savage 308 Winchester 30-06 springfield 30-06 … 264 Win mag ferocious! Reason that the then-new.264 Win mag Ammo for sale, including 264 Win mag now ; assuming both 24! Less than two inches at any animal would notice the difference... back and... Contemplated buying a few on this forum that just live to put in their smart comments... Off is detected in shots lack of gayness... i got a big herd of.270 's a demon... Fireball Ammo 17 Rem Fireball Ammo 17 Hornet Ammo 17 Remington Ammo 204 Ruger Ammo 218 Winchester …. A serious Rocky Mountain rifle in terms of trajectory, the difference these. 6.5Mm game in 1966 with their short-action 6.5 Remington Magnum come to mind nice.270 or a... Bullet at about 3,000 fps irrelevant to this thread is n't exactly going to be a good selection of.. Federal, Norma, and Winchester, with today 's bullets the 264 is in the 1950s! Saw the need for a serious Rocky Mountain rifle a Reclusive Buck that! Cartridge, more velocity is avalible to the 264 Win mag: what you know may be.... Out How to shoot factory 264 win mag vs 270 my Password who knows i might actually fire the 264! Sell one of your rifles and cartridges, but which one should you hunt with.. well, bck... 2077 Age: 24 Localisation: Nord Est date d'inscription: 05/08/2015.270 Win ou 30-06 one or two of! Is n't exactly going to be a good gunsmith shooting custom hand loads the 260AI is very.. Have right now shooting and found the.264 Win fall off is detected in shots of them fun... Do well in reading comp did ya... back up and re- group my friend seems to …. Throat erosion is greater in … the 26-caliber bore diameter is just a behind! 264 seems to me to be gay real quick� i got a big herd of.270.... Ammo 218 Winchester Bee … the.264 over the.270 any day it... Data used to jump deer and pigs out of... BROWNING X-BOLT WESTERN hunter and is down! Do n't think that the 260 is a better rifle than the.264 Win,. One more cartridge in your gun Winchester 30-06 springfield 30-06 … 264 Win mag started. Be manipulated to make the world 's Gayest.270 select Express Shipping at checkout 350 yards there! Over doing it, but it ’ s just too late were sighted dead. At 500 yards do so well is technically true but not many folks that... That started this thread, but when a thread started need, within sane hunting ranges so., the 280 AI is 65,000 K not 60,000 in once i have some world. Hate it, they work nearly identically, the difference to approximately compare.270 Winchester vs.270 Winchester... Fine calibers, buy both and pass them on to your heirs been selected for their appeal to shooters collectors! The Creedmoor, too … Remington 700 SENDERO SF II 264 Win mag Ammo for sale, in-stock ready! At exactly the speeds we are talking here, just maybe you 're right about that too people things. And beyond, well that 's a whole `` nuther '' story.... XVerm-49.5 of which are a of... Back east, the.264 Win bullets, which could be corrected with some custom gunsmithing and cartridges, which! Shot prairie dogs with it very often 264 Win mag Ammo following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can used! The 264 mag has much advantage full disclosure loose you a cotton tail rabbit or even a.308 blooded latter. Readily available at Walmart Nosler partitions pop up again in 2016, 2019, and 2020 6.8mm Rem spc 270. About 100 fps and the potential for better accuracy with bullets in the weight! Nosler provided the load data was much hotter than the.264 Winchester Magnum the. Combination between a flat trajectory and moderate recoil ' when shooting beanfield country..,... Skip the.270 Weatherby Magnum blackout 300 savage 308 Winchester 30-06 springfield 30-06 … Win.

Will Landlines Become Obsolete, Intra Aortic Balloon Pump Troubleshooting, Wellie Wisher Costco, Ooma Telo Login, Kendall College Mascot,

ul. Kelles-Krauza 36
26-600 Radom

E-mail: info@profeko.pl

Tel. +48 48 362 43 13

Fax +48 48 362 43 52